•  
Advertise here

What are you most scared of when driving?

Barry

I'm way over those scare days when a reckless driver would be swerving around lanes or people who overtake me from the right or the big overloaded heavy trucks trying to get there yesterday. But my heart still skips a beat when I see pedestrians crossing the road or the bike guy trying to avoid idiots on the road. If a car gets banged its just an object which can be repaired or replaced, but life and limbs are priceless.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

I'm way over those scare days when a reckless driver would be swerving around lanes or people who overtake me from the right or the big overloaded heavy trucks trying to get there yesterday. But my heart still skips a beat when I see pedestrians crossing the road or the bike guy trying to avoid idiots on the road. If a car gets banged its just an object which can be repaired or replaced, but life and limbs are priceless.

I agree with this, especially when you’re heading back from Badayer shops after a drive and on the way back from the U - Turn everyone’s crossing on a 120 road. @Gaurav the flashes are another thing but after the days of me doing stupid things when I first got my license I just set the cruise to 109-110 and relax while driving. You save yourself 600 dhs and you can actually enjoy driving without being stressed. The best is Jumeirah road on fridays, just set the cruise to 50-60 and enjoy your Karak from Koukh 😁

• Like (+1) 4

With my previous car I used to be in the fast lane all the time, and got anxiety attacks every now and then from all the people lane swerving and tailgating. 
With my 20y old car now, I take one of the middle lanes, switch on cruise control, and launch an Eagles’ album. 
🎶  Take it easy !!!!!  🎵 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1- Scared of hidden cameras, when ur in ur joyes mode and a flash light breaks ur happiness

2- Cycling heros on the street , who don't bother to look back wats coming to hit them 

3 - Meeting a Snail paced driver on first lane and he refuses to move when i m getting late for work 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

If u ask me , I would say

- unusual sounds coming from your car, sometimes rattling sounds from inside of your dashboard.

- cars with saudi plates ( in front of u , they always seems to be lost , and difficult to say what move they will make next)

-when signal lights start blinking green towards yellow ( when you are in speeding into a junction and somewhat in doubt whether u can make it or not.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

On 11/9/2019 at 10:01 PM, Sidshk said:

1- Scared of hidden cameras, when ur in ur joyes mode and a flash light breaks ur happiness

2- Cycling heros on the street , who don't bother to look back wats coming to hit them 

3 - Meeting a Snail paced driver on first lane and he refuses to move when i m getting late for work 

So all three statements basically mean you love driving fast and bicycles are a nuisance for you ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

6 hours ago, Frederic said:

So all three statements basically mean you love driving fast and bicycles are a nuisance for you ?

Who doesn't like to drive fast ? 😁 Cyclist are not Nuisance they are noble souls ....😇

I m afraid of pop up cyclist specially in SHJ and RAK  

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Sidshk said:

Who doesn't like to drive fast ? 😁 Cyclist are not Nuisance they are noble souls ....😇

I m afraid of pop up cyclist specially in SHJ and RAK  

Not me, I like to cruise along at a chilled pace. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 11/8/2019 at 12:34 AM, Frederic said:

With my previous car I used to be in the fast lane all the time, and got anxiety attacks every now and then from all the people lane swerving and tailgating. 
With my 20y old car now, I take one of the middle lanes, switch on cruise control, and launch an Eagles’ album. 
🎶  Take it easy !!!!!  🎵 

Don’t let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy. 

• Haha (+1) 4