•  
Advertise here

Best 4x4 for you in UAE

Gaurav

List 3-4 (only) all round 4x4 you think is the best for UAE offroad needs for sand (Desert) + Mountain.

It should be based on your usage, research or seeing with your friends and family and not based on commercials or witnessing on Faya or Bidayer when you don't know if its 100% stock or highly modified.

My List:

• LC 70 (SWB) - 2012 onwards
  • Nissan Patrol (SWB) - 2012 onwards
  • FJ Cruiser - 2010 onwards
  • Nissan Xterra - 2010 onwards
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I am going to keep my list to only Automatics, as it's what is used by most off-roaders here. Although I agree that a manual is the ultimate machine. I have given an overall rating keeping in mind Fuel Consumtion, Power, Customization Potential and Drivability/Reliability. 

My List: 

• FJ Cruiser - 2010 Onwards with Dual VVTI - 8.5/10
  • Nissan Patrol - SWB and with the 4.8L VTC 8/10
  • Jeep JK or JL (SWB) - 2012 Onwards (3.6L Engine) (Only if w Warranty) - 7.5/10

Reasoning Behind each. 

FJ - Its a Short Wheel Base Toyota, Period. It is known as the Japanese Jeeps because there is every possible off-road upgrade made for this car. Fuel Economy is comparatively good, and has the option of 2 tanks giving 120-130L of fuel. 270HP and 390 NM of torque is more than sufficient to perform. Although you lack in the interior and visibility, you can't have everything. 

Patrol - The Ultimate ShababMobile, street credit and off-road capability is there in this, although parts are expensive and you're gonna pay like crazy for fuel, there's a reason it is only sold in this market till date. 250HP and 420 Nm of torque will see you flying! Being a solid axle vehicle you loose some ride comfort, but it makes up for that with its amazing levels of wheel travel needed during off-road. 

Jeeps - The 3.6L is an efficient engine and gives good economy, its a jeep so it'll do almost anything. Has a 300HP engine with Torque around 380NM which is again plenty. Extremely light with the soft top option so you can glide ;). I agree reliability can be an issue by Trading Ent. has good service as long as the car is under warranty and will replace anything and everything if need be. 

Edited by Jas Gajaria
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Nice detail reply @Jas Gajaria I just cant help about LC70 since I drove once and felt in love immediately, but that was long ago and that's the first 4x4 in my wishlist. Some day.

Nissan Patrol (SWB) 2006-2012 is utter useless with bad gearing issue, after 2012 onward mated with 4.8 VTC is great.

Jeep.....No comments.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 minute ago, Gaurav said:

Nice detail reply @Jas Gajaria I just cant help about LC70 since I drove once and felt in love immediately, but that was long ago and that's the first 4x4 in my wishlist. Some day.

Nissan Patrol (SWB) 2006-2012 is utter useless with bad gearing issue, after 2012 onward mated with 4.8 VTC is great.

Jeep.....No comments.

Thanks @Gaurav. I agree, LC70 is a machine! 

Wasn't aware about this gearing issue! Thanks for pointing it out. 

Jeep, LOL :D Something tells me you prefer Japanese cars for a reason.

• Like (+1) 3

1) FJ cruiser. Had one in Saudi, but was a 4x2 unfortunately. Only negative is visibility is limited. Fantastic engine / performance.

2) Xterra: reasonably priced, not too over complicated, and performs super. The bigger brother Pathfinder is similar but more spacious. 

3) XJ: would love to have one in the future. Built to last, not so very hard to find. Iconic looks.

4) Pajero 3.8 SWB. Not too expensive, but avoid the upshift issue model years. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."