•  
Advertise here

Need to buy Off road insurance-as my current insurance provider doesn't have that facility

Amit0103

Dear Off roaders ! and experienced club members- 

I am a new big here and I was planning to get my Pajero to the drive next Friday - first thing first- I checked my insurance and to my surprise- I don't have it for Off road ! (actually never been to off roading ever in my life- so never checked on the fine prints even)- to add to my curiosity- I checked all my past insurances and they were from Oman Insurance and they had it !!

unlucky for me this time- I got it done in haste at the 'testing center' 4 months before the expiry of my current insurance just because my car registration was expiring next month !

now I have an insurance from Al-Wathba national insurance company !- and I did download their app and even called their call center- and at last- got to know from them that they don't even have this insurance !! so I can't even top it up !

now I need your help and advice on how to take the 'off road insurance' for my 4X4- any help / advice /direction is most welcome.

regards.

Amit

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Amit, can you advise if you have third party or comprehensive insurance cover.  If it's third party insurance then don't bother with off-road cover. But if it's comprehensive insurance, then it would be a decision that you would have to take on whether you wish to drive without off-road cover. I don't think it's possible to have two insurance from different companies at the same time. 

More importantly, you need to see if you have free recovery service. This is one of the most useful option if you intend to regularly off-road. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Call RTA and ask for procedure to change insurance on the registration card. Its doable. 

Then cancel the current insurance and go for RSA or AXA insurance. Just before you cancel check with RSA or AXA if they offer you comprehensive insurance for your car model year, as they have certain rules depending on driver background and how many cars you have with them.

I have 2009 model with  comprehensive insurance, but heard from a friend that they are not offering comprehensive for more than 5-7 years of age of cars.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

As per my experience RSA is the best insurance in UAE. I had Wathba insurance last year and the recovery is like if you have recovery in Abu Dhabi you have to take it there only. And for Abu Dhabi in the same region, only, you cannot take it to a garage in another Emirates.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

26 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Call RTA and ask for procedure to change insurance on the registration card. Its doable. 

Then cancel the current insurance and go for RSA or AXA insurance. Just before you cancel check with RSA or AXA if they offer you comprehensive insurance for your car model year, as they have certain rules depending on driver background and how many cars you have with them.

I have 2009 model with  comprehensive insurance, but heard from a friend that they are not offering comprehensive for more than 5-7 years of age of cars.

Yes AXA start refusing after 5-7 years unless you have a second newer car. Even then definitely no comprehensive insurance by AXA after 10 years. 
I have recently switched from AXA to Tokio Marine based on price and they have confirmed coverage for offroad and recovery too for my Prado but cannot confirm about a 2009 model vehicle. 

Edited by Atif
  • Like (+1) 1

I have my 2009 SLK fully insured by AXA. Last year also it was AXA and it was full insurance. This year other companies didnt qoute for full insurance, only AXA offered keeping the same package. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

4 hours ago, sertac said:

I have my 2009 SLK fully insured by AXA. Last year also it was AXA and it was full insurance. This year other companies didnt qoute for full insurance, only AXA offered keeping the same package. 

I recommend AXA if they are offering comprehensive for 2009 model vehicles.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Atif said:

I recommend AXA if they are offering comprehensive for 2009 model vehicles.

I dont know which year model Amit has, I just mentioned my wife 2009 model as an example of 10 years old still getting comprehensive, dont know till how long though.......!

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use