•  

Newbie / Fewbie Sunrise Drive - Pink Rock - Nov 22, 2019

Srikumar

59 minutes ago, Atif said:

Thanks for the detailed report, well driven for a newbie!

Thank you for the encouragement!! 

54 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

@Amit0103 though you are a quiet person but surely know how to express in words. Well done.

Regarding pics and videos, we are open group and are always willing to learn. So please feel to post them on the gallery. They would serve as a nice memory as well.

Thank you 😊 yes - posted in the gallery today 

• Like (+1) 3

That drive in 2 different levels was really awesome. The first part was nice, learning for the newbies and a warm up for the fewbies, and I really enjoyed the second part. Thanks to @Srikumar and @Rahimdad for their advices and their help and to all the guys who were there.

See u soon.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Good morning everybody, was a bit busy last days. In the meanwhile I've been 2 more times again to Pink Rock. Once on the same evening, man what a show on a Friday evening!!! The day after to show the sunset to my girl.

Thanks again for the drive @Srikumar @Rahimdad @Atif. Thanks for the feedback @Rahimdad, this is why we come to get feedback and improve.

Rahimdad was curious why I got a few refusals, to be honest now, and I hope you understand my viewpoint; I had the opportunity to be the sweep. I found the drive very easy and this is my character; when I get bored, or loose my patience I go to make it myself more interesting. Because I am at the back, I don't need to behave for the one that's driving behind me, so I can make it myself more challenging.

Probably I will be shot down now by the seniors of my behaviour that safety goes first and also when you are at the back you have to drive in line with the convoy. I all understand this, trust me, but this is just my character.

In all fairness, I hope that the drives will be more separated in levels. I see that a lot of guys are upgraded to a fewbie level. 

Also give the person the chance to go quicker to a next level drive. If you don't feel comfortable with it, let the person do some exercises, like, crossovers, sidesloping, shovelling, towing, etc etc.

I am just thinking out loud, this is what I feel. This is my first offroad club experience, I have no idea how it goes in other clubs. But because I am getting bored now, I start looking to other clubs. 

Just my feedback!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Xaf said:

Good morning everybody, was a bit busy last days. In the meanwhile I've been 2 more times again to Pink Rock. Once on the same evening, man what a show on a Friday evening!!! The day after to show the sunset to my girl.

Thanks again for the drive @Srikumar @Rahimdad @Atif. Thanks for the feedback @Rahimdad, this is why we come to get feedback and improve.

Rahimdad was curious why I got a few refusals, to be honest now, and I hope you understand my viewpoint; I had the opportunity to be the sweep. I found the drive very easy and this is my character; when I get bored, or loose my patience I go to make it myself more interesting. Because I am at the back, I don't need to behave for the one that's driving behind me, so I can make it myself more challenging.

Probably I will be shot down now by the seniors of my behaviour that safety goes first and also when you are at the back you have to drive in line with the convoy. I all understand this, trust me, but this is just my character.

In all fairness, I hope that the drives will be more separated in levels. I see that a lot of guys are upgraded to a fewbie level. 

Also give the person the chance to go quicker to a next level drive. If you don't feel comfortable with it, let the person do some exercises, like, crossovers, sidesloping, shovelling, towing, etc etc.

I am just thinking out loud, this is what I feel. This is my first offroad club experience, I have no idea how it goes in other clubs. But because I am getting bored now, I start looking to other clubs. 

Just my feedback!

Seems like you and me are cut from the same cloth! The same reason I stopped doing newbie and fewbie drives when I was active. Just didn't have the patience. Plus I did enough training drives while I was working. I didn't like them either even if I was getting paid to do them.  

So most of the times I would do "secret drives" as in not post on the forums with just a select few in away from the weekend fish market areas.

But credit is given where credit is due to people like RD and others who have the patience to keep doing them for years now again and again 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Thanks @Xaf for your feedback and I like your enthusiasm. Kinda reminds me of when I started offroading where I was more than eager to play at every possible opportunity. But one rollover while criss-crossing at a wrong angle and speed made me realise that we need to push ourselves only to a certain point and not go overboard. It's based on such experiences and that of others that I was also in agreement when the Carnity Off-road Structure was formed.

For Fewbies we do give them some responsibilities like second lead, Sweep etc. to test their readiness for the next level instead of testing them on particular sidey or hill climb. Now the duty of Sweep is to ensure that he is "always" there to assist when any of the other drivers need assistance and ensure smooth convoy movement and communicate the same to the drive lead periodically. So, while you were playing at Sweep position if you would have got stuck/lost then it would be very difficult for us to trace you back.

Criteria's for upgrade to the next level is clearly laid out on the forum, which is based on performance and active participation during the drive and not just a particular side slopping test, etc. I believe with Carnity it was your first fewbie drive and Rahimdad has given you some positive feedback on how to improve for the next level of drives.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Very welll said @Srikumar and its truly nice to see that you are growing and maturing in offroading, similar to what Rahimdad mentioned few days back.

@Xaf we all love playing and that's why we venture out on our off to play and meet new faces and make new friends with similar interest. It's very natural to have that sneak-in and out behavior for little extra fun, but when you are still learning it's always advisable to stick to the convoy track, not only because you were sweeping but also you don't have much experience in leading. I remember doing something similar to venture off my own and after 15 mins my LC100 was almost 70 degree nose down and I was swinging on the seat belt that ended up with pretty nasty recover and bumper damage.

@desertdude with your level of experience what an offroader drives in a whole year, you must have driven in a month or two time, so with that level of experience under the belt you know what you are doing within limits. And for patience that you mention for RD, it comes naturally as once you played and done enough you sober down and value making new friends than tearing every dune every week.

For the fewbie level drives, if we have enough participation (more than 5 drivers) then we can continue separate fewbie drives now, as season is in full form and hope fewbie drivers aren't travelling. We can give it a go from next week onwards and test it for 2-3 weeks.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Just to clarify, all respect for the patience of the seniors. As I mentioned in my first trip report, I have respect for the safety, especially for the briefing. I have no critic against the structure or the performing of the club. 

Only want to share my feelings, little bit open cards regarding my personality. Will start practice my yoga and meditation breathing exercises again to find my patience. 🧘‍♂️

Looking forward to drive again with you guys, see you on the 6th!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, Xaf said:

Only want to share my feelings, little bit open cards regarding my personality. Will start practice my yoga and meditation breathing exercises again to find my patience. 🧘‍♂️

Don't worry, and don't waste time on those stuff as offroaders will always find there peace in the sand.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use