•  
Advertise here

Learn how to deal with road bullies in the UAE...

Jeh

Or just a car with some street cred and avoid it all together. 

The difference is night and day. When I'm out n about in the rental sunny. People always cutting in, honking, flashing, not giving way.

But when out in the Range Rover none of this happens. As an experiment I even pulled into U turns, not moved when there is space to get into the roundabout or light turn green. Situations if in the sunny people will honk and flash at you or pull up beside you and give you the stink eye!

Sad but true.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

If I should have to call the police on every time I’m confronted with a road bully, I’d be on the line for half of the day. 

• Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Get a Patrol Super Safari, put the darkest tint possible, get 4 digit plate number, put sheikh picture to the back window. Believe me you will be the most comfortable person on the road. 

How i am dealing is; I am driving a worthless big Jeep. I am not afraid to damage my car at all. I raised in Istanbul traffic, if someone thinks he is good at driving reckless i can show him how to do it right. So if anyone do any think to me on the road i am showing them how to do it, on them with my worthless Jeep. If no one messes me i am the most calm person on the road. 

Edited by sertac
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

By the way traffic is very nice here. Chance to be bullied is very less and police is controlling everwhere.

Some samples from Istanbul;

My favorite. Bikers not giving way to a car, but car belong to President guards.

Edited by sertac
  • Like (+1) 2

On 11/18/2019 at 6:24 PM, sertac said:

Get a Patrol Super Safari, put the darkest tint possible, get 4 digit plate number, put sheikh picture to the back window.

LOL you just described my car when I was working as a Desert Tour Guide to a T right down to Picture on the back window and 4 digit number plate! Only difference mine was a Land Cruiser.

Nowadays moving around like that just attracts extra attention from the cop shop. 

If today you don't want to be messed with either by the cops or public as mentioned earlier get your self a luxury sedan or SUV, a decent plate number also helps. I got lucky this time round and got one of those to, so I'm all set. Until I venture out in the sunny again.

• Haha (+1) 2