•  
Advertise here

How to trace failed TPMS?

In my 2009 Trail blazer, one of the TPMS has gone bad showing the low pressure light on dash all the time. The only way I can think of removing each tire and open it to check all 4 wheels for the faulty one. Is there any other intelligent way to pick a tire that has faulty TPMS and just replace that one than checking all 4 tires.

Oh btw, dash has single icon for low pressure and not for all 4 tires icon, its 2009, lolol.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

47 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Doesn't it tell you which tyre is low?

NO

Really, I will write so much if I knew which tire......cmmon. 

Shifting has taken a big toll on your sleep.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Gaurav is there any display in trailerblazer where it shows  low tyre pressure in words along with sign.. If yes then I have a way to find out exactly which tyre sensor is faulty.

• Like (+1) 1

If it doesn’t tell you on the dashboard you’ll need a TPMS tool. Point it at the wheels and you’ll see if one isn’t sending a signal. They’re not expensive but a good tyre shop will have one. Some diagnostic computers work through the obd port but it depends on the car. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

In Ford Explorer 2010 model I had done this DIY to find out which TPMS is faulty. If there is a faulty TPMS it displays "Tire Pressure Sensor Fault" along with sign as shown in the picture below.

To know exactly which tyre sensor is not working just deflate and inflate the tyres one by one... 

For Example:

Front left tyre, deflate to 20psi and check the dashboard and if it displays low tyre pressure it means it is working properly. Inflate front left tyre to normal psi and try other tyres one by one. The one with faulty TPMS will not display low tyre pressure and it will remain as shown in the image below as Tire Pressure Sensor Fault. @Gauravbhai if you have this type of display try this.

20191118_204836.jpg

• Like (+1) 2