•  

Intermediate Drive - Al Faqa -22 Nov 2019

Frederic

I think @Frederic and @Emmanuel are being too kind with their words. Truth is, i was not in my element on this day (for some reason which i am still trying to figure out). I kept making elementary mistakes due to which i had a couple of stucks which just goes to showing that I still have a long way to go before i get really good at this stuff. The first hour or so was quite smooth as the 3 of us were moving along quite well but then I had this nasty stuck where i was on an incline. At this point, @Emmanuel and @Frederic were both giving me guidance on recovery and just out of the blue, to make things worse, i get a 'check engine' warning and my throttle cuts off :(

Got the batteries disconnected and reconnected and we were back on track but after this particular incident, things werent going my way as i kept getting stuck every now and then. @Frederic said it was maybe the muddy sand, @Emmanuel said, its perhaps the high tire pressure, but I know that i was hesitating a bit with the gas. Although, I am no stranger to intermediate drives, I know the only way for me to get comfy in this level is to keep driving in this level frequently and eventually I will get there. I want to give a big shout out to @Frederic and @Emmanuel, thank you guys for your guidance and patience with me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Well done @Shamil acceptance and self realization is the first step to success. As far as you have realized what was missing you can work on that area in the future drives.

Every driver has some good and bad days in offroading, so don't get hung up on any specific mishap, it's ok. Probably you were just little hesitant because of check engine light issue. Research on this issue and get permanent closure on this so that you can drive and enjoy at ease.

Secondly every driver when move to higher level require few drives to get soak in with the new challenges, pace and quick decision making skills etc. so it's fine, give yourself couple of intermediate drives and you will be fine.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Well done @Shamil acceptance and self realization is the first step to success. As far as you have realized what was missing you can work on that area in the future drives.

Every driver has some good and bad days in offroading, so don't get hung up on any specific mishap, it's ok. Probably you were just little hesitant because of check engine light issue. Research on this issue and get permanent closure on this so that you can drive and enjoy at ease.

Secondly every driver when move to higher level require few drives to get soak in with the new challenges, pace and quick decision making skills etc. so it's fine, give yourself couple of intermediate drives and you will be fine.

Thanks @Gaurav bhai for your comforting words. With regards to the check engine light situation, it is a bit of a head scratcher and maybe you or any one of the other experts here can guide me on what to do. It seems, when the error sign comes up, if a diagnosis is done on the spot using one of those big OBD scanners(since the small ones dont work with xterras), one would be able to find out what the exact problem is. But however, I usually disconnect and reconnect the battery, and the car is back to normal and that process even resets the error code. Doing an OBD scan after this will not show anything since the code is rest. The next time this issue will happen randomly maybe after a few weeks only, so its not even a frequently occurring issue. I have spoken to a few mechanics with regards to this issue and they say, the next time it happens, i should put the car on a recovery truck and bring it straight to the garage since the error code will still show up and they can trouble shoot it accordingly. I wanted to know if there is anything else i can do besides this to diagnose the problem correctly.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use