•  

Full Restoration Project

Jas Gajaria

If chassiss being damaged, get that fix first, then get measure by RTA approved center and get the passing to be 100% sure it's worth spending all those money.

Also more you get into detailing, there is no end to it for perfecting every nook and cranny for offroad use car. I explored the rust proofing option too in 2017 but realized that my factory done rust proofing is still 90% fine after 20 years, as we drive in sand that regularly sand blast it and plus we aren't in wetland with road salt that eats the car like in colder countries.

Btw the drive line mod means are you planning some power mod too?

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

Beauty is the eye of the beholder and each to his own, but is that really worth spending so much money, time and effort on? After all being said and done it will still be a plastic piggy albeit slightly more shiny. 

Now if you were chopping off the bumpers giving it a proper lift, some gnarly tyres, etc etc I would be on board somewhat

bumpers: check 

lift: check

gnarly tyres: check 

You should hit the sands again @desertdude. You might see this Pajero flying around. 

• Haha (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

You should hit the sands again @desertdude. You might see this Pajero flying around. 

Dude everyone knows I have no love for the jero. I was just trying to save him the expense and heartache of polishing a ____________

P.S Then how come it still looks plain jane McCain in your avatar?

P.P.S Long before this forum existed and when Gaurav started his fall from nice proper 4x4 with character into Pajerodom I was there to witness it, so seen enough of them "flying around"

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 2

Get of your couch @desertdude,  @Frederic is right the @Jas Gajaria has the most awesome looking Pajero in town. He does not use shortcuts when it comes to his ride. I loved the sight and sound of it as it roared into action.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, desertdude said:

Dude everyone knows I have no love for the jero. I was just trying to save him the expense and heartache of polishing a ____________

P.S Then how come it still looks plain jane McCain in your avatar?

P.P.S Long before this forum existed and when Gaurav started his fall from nice proper 4x4 with character into Pajerodom I was there to witness it, so seen enough of them "flying around"

@desertdude trust me, 3 years back I would be the first to laugh every time I saw someone say Pajero as an off-roader. But after actually owning it I can only wish I had taken back those comments made! Yes, its not factory ready to tackle everything like some other cars out there. But with just one or two traction mods and switches it will fly. 

Another thing, this is the reason I am building the Pajero up is because it will be Unique!  When the car was stock I used to get honked from left right and center in the fast lane, but after slowly modifying it I don't think I've even gotten high beamed since. This taught me another thing about the UAE, its not so much about the Car model which gets the respect, its about the build and effort that goes into one which is respected.

4 hours ago, Gaurav said:

If chassiss being damaged, get that fix first, then get measure by RTA approved center and get the passing to be 100% sure it's worth spending all those money.

Also more you get into detailing, there is no end to it for perfecting every nook and cranny for offroad use car. I explored the rust proofing option too in 2017 but realized that my factory done rust proofing is still 90% fine after 20 years, as we drive in sand that regularly sand blast it and plus we aren't in wetland with road salt that eats the car like in colder countries.

Btw the drive line mod means are you planning some power mod too?

Yes Gaurav! 

I agree with the Body comment you made 100%, might be overkill. 

Also, drivetrain wise... Hopefully I'll be able to say that a Supercharged JK isn't gonna have a chance against this ;) Make no mistake lol I have no intention on spending 150K to twin turbo this engine. But with the right research and a little TLC I'm aiming to make 280-290 HP to the rear wheels.

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

All I need is your Manual Gearbox :D

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

Get of your couch @desertdude,  @Frederic is right the @Jas Gajaria has the most awesome looking Pajero in town. He does not use shortcuts when it comes to his ride. I loved the sight and sound of it as it roared into action.

Can always expect Rahim Bhai with some kind words!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

4 hours ago, Jas Gajaria said:

@desertdude trust me, 3 years back I would be the first to laugh every time I saw someone say Pajero as an off-roader. But after actually owning it I can only wish I had taken back those comments made! Yes, its not factory ready to tackle everything like some other cars out there. But with just one or two traction mods and switches it will fly. 

Another thing, this is the reason I am building the Pajero up is because it will be Unique!  When the car was stock I used to get honked from left right and center in the fast lane, but after slowly modifying it I don't think I've even gotten high beamed since. This taught me another thing about the UAE, its not so much about the Car model which gets the respect, its about the build and effort that goes into one which is respected.

Yes Gaurav! 

I agree with the Body comment you made 100%, might be overkill. 

Also, drivetrain wise... Hopefully I'll be able to say that a Supercharged JK isn't gonna have a chance against this ;) Make no mistake lol I have no intention on spending 150K to twin turbo this engine. But with the right research and a little TLC I'm aiming to make 280-290 HP to the rear wheels.

All I need is your Manual Gearbox :D

Can always expect Rahim Bhai with some kind words!

It’s all about the passion for cars and that’s what Carnity stands for. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use