•  
Advertise here

2008 Pajero vibration at 2200rpm

Wifey’s Pajero started sounding a bit rougher when starting. While I initially thought this might be with to do with the slightly colder mornings, now i noticed the car has a kind of resonance vibration that can be felt inside at around 2200rpm. After revving further it disappears again.

Note1: I am revving in P, so drivetrain can be excluded already. 

Note2: car sounds normal in idle, no vibrations and very stable idle rpm

I will give it a Redex treatment to start but anyone has any idea what this might be ? I was thinking engine mounts maybe ? 🤨

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

For a moment I thought you have vibrations at 220 kmph, and I was scratching my head how come bro u cross the sound barrier of pajero at 180 kph.

Have you check air filter, engine oil, spark plug basics first?

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

For a moment I thought you have vibrations at 220 kmph, and I was scratching my head how come bro u cross the sound barrier of pajero at 180 kph.

Gaurav I doubt it can be the Air/ Fuel system, otherwise he would have stuttering and jerking even while driving. 

I don't know how it can be mounts either.. because if mounts the higher the RPM the more it should vibrate... I had read something about this issue being with a vibration damper/ heavy counterweight at the rear of the gearbox. It's an easy fix according to the forums. Give it a shot?

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Hahahahaha, yeah 220kph with a Pajero would be suicidal. The car was in for major maintenance just 3000kms back which included all fluids, filters, and drive belt. After this maintenance everything was perfectly normal until the last couple of days. 

3 hours ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Gaurav I doubt it can be the Air/ Fuel system, otherwise he would have stuttering and jerking even while driving. 

I don't know how it can be mounts either.. because if mounts the higher the RPM the more it should vibrate... I had read something about this issue being with a vibration damper/ heavy counterweight at the rear of the gearbox. It's an easy fix according to the forums. Give it a shot?

Thanks. There’s no stuttering or jerking at all while driving, and no misfiring. I’ll have a chat with the workshop guy and keep you all posted. It doesn’t seem serious but I’m kinda sensitive to these things (OCD) 😂

• Like (+1) 4

Is this vibration since the last major service?

Then ask the workshop to check the manifold and manifold gasket as if they have removed and re-fixed that, there is a possibility to misaligned or have a little bent on that thin metal gasket. I experience something similar on 4k rpm band and disappear at 5k, little whistle and vibration.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

6 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Is this vibration since the last major service?

Then ask the workshop to check the manifold and manifold gasket as if they have removed and re-fixed that, there is a possibility to misaligned or have a little bent on that thin metal gasket. I experience something similar on 4k rpm band and disappear at 5k, little whistle and vibration.

I did not notice it during that time. But then again, maybe you are right. I will also check the manifold heatshield.

• Like (+1) 2