•  
Advertise here

Space travel is here in UAE

adil

250,000 USD ticket for 90 minute space flight experience by virgingalactic from next year onwards. Is it really real or an April fool in November? 

https://www.msn.com/en-ae/news/uae/a-handful-of-uae-residents-will-be-flown-into-space-next-year/ar-BBWZz4X?ocid=spartanntp

• Like (+1) 2

I remember Virgin Galactic started similar program about 12 years back. But after taking first 4 passengers they had to stop operation, not sure why. Number 4 was an Iranian lady which set some kind of a record. Number 7 was the owner of Omniyat Properties Mr Mehdi Amjed who never got his chance.

With my recent visit at NASA in Florida since they did not have a launch pad, they were using services from Russia and pay USD 80 million per seat. USD 250000 seems a bit low. But for me this is a bit of a hoax as even normal carriers fly within inner space. Outter space is not much different, maybe just bragging rights.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Atif said:

Well the best part would be to loose a few kilos without exercising in less than 90 minutes 😂

SSSSSShhhhh......! Dont tell this secret to wifeys, or else this is THE ONLY way they can loose weight and will force us to replace gym membership with space travel ticket.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Okay... $250,000 is AED900,000. 

I'll just go buy BJ Baldwin's Trophy Truck for that amount. Every now and then when I feel like leaving planet earth I'll jump it multiple meters off the ground at 150KPH :D 

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Okay... $250,000 is AED900,000. 

I'll just go buy BJ Baldwin's Trophy Truck for that amount. Every now and then when I feel like leaving planet earth I'll jump it multiple meters off the ground at 150KPH :D 

This is exactly how offroader mind works.

I was thinking same of telling desertdude that in 250K USD imagine how many Range (for road, as he love it) and other capable offroaders you can buy........?

After little bit of offroad experience, I like to split eggs in different basket ;-) so I can have a backup of backup even.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

54 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

SSSSSShhhhh......! Dont tell this secret to wifeys, or else this is THE ONLY way they can loose weight and will force us to replace gym membership with space travel ticket.

Then you just have to tell them that some fat moves up to the face for them to change their mind😀.

Also there are some who wouldn't mind a one way ticket to the moon for their wives🤣

• Haha (+1) 2