•  
Advertise here

Tesla Cybertruck - All Electric Pickup Truck

Gaurav

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Oh boy, now someone opened a can of worms from those 4 door Armada testing dayssssss.

Image result for popcorn

I totally agree, the pentastar V6 can barely keep the regular Wrangler rolling adding another extra half car on it totally kills it.

Usually a car is designed to be a lwb with a matching engine and when same unit is put in a lighter swb it increases performance.

Jeep went the opposite direction. An designed for a swb they used the same in lwb and lwb pick up so obviously it's going to suffer

• Like (+1) 1

Coming back to the topic Tesla Cybertruck is a PICKUP TRUCK, meant for Picking up load, tow things, long haul purpose (unlike UAE) and definitely not meant for dune bashing, but just an offroad drive to get where they want to go.

Offroad and dune bashing is totally two different things.

No pickup truck is ideal for dune bashing unless driven by @Asif Hussain 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I dune bashed a Toyota Pickup truck all over the place and since we actually used the pick-up for it's intended purpose so it was mostly loaded close to capacity and few times over capacity.

Like a 2 ton CAT diesel generator that would barely fit in the bed with the tail gate open.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I meant for dune bashing and not desert driving.

Going back to elementary question: Ask yourself how many times you have seen pickup doing dune bashing - less than 5 out of 100.

We have seen usually LC and Nissan pickup doing the farm work in the desert.

• Like (+1) 1

Here everyone uses pickups for everything from dune bashing at the coast to farm work everywhere else, including the coastal areas. Nobody here uses SUV:s for anything other than blocking peoples' view in parking lots. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

I meant for dune bashing and not desert driving.

Going back to elementary question: Ask yourself how many times you have seen pickup doing dune bashing - less than 5 out of 100.

We have seen usually LC and Nissan pickup doing the farm work in the desert.

I was sweeping for a raptor, a tundra and a silverado last saturday, the path was flat afterwards 😂 but they were out there. but you are right they are not very common. but it was fun to see the massive tundra doing that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Once when we were Sweihan(as Carnity), we had a break top of the dune. I saw locals are coming and playing catch me if you can game with their patrols. Lots of pickup patrol also was there. I saw them climbing the tallest dune and crossing the other side without showing any hesitation. This was 2 years ago. That day i fell in love with patrol pickup. It is so sad, to be able to buy one i have to have a company. 

https://www.patrol4x4.com/threads/adashos-2015-y61-4-8-pickup-in-dubai.266193/

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sertac said:

Once when we were Sweihan(as Carnity), we had a break top of the dune. I saw locals are coming and playing catch me if you can game with their patrols. Lots of pickup patrol also was there. I saw them climbing the tallest dune and crossing the other side without showing any hesitation. This was 2 years ago. That day i fell in love with patrol pickup. It is so sad, to be able to buy one i have to have a company. 

https://www.patrol4x4.com/threads/adashos-2015-y61-4-8-pickup-in-dubai.266193/

This is how exactly legend stories are formed, as one guy saw stage III modified Patrol or LC 100 over the dunes doing wonders and he go to dubizzle to buy one and start crying after month of real struggle with stock vehicle "INCAPABILITY" or not meeting his expectation vs what he has seeing on that stage III modified version with triple the cost of stock vehicle.

I have been fooled 2 times, same way.

People use Patrol or LC shell not because they are capable but they are spacious to accommodate LS small block V8 engine or Lexus V8 with twin turbo or supercharger setup. Each build cost in range of 50-80K excluding the stock vehicle cost.

@Javier M I agree these modern pickups are comfy and powerful but they are mostly found in Sweihan or Liwa type of terrain - ultra broad and tall dune range, keeping whale body in check on every dune is not fun. I have 3 friends with pickup and when they drive, they hardly cross any dune or crest, instead keep making a track sideways, criss crossing only.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

This is how exactly legend stories are formed, as one guy saw stage III modified Patrol or LC 100 over the dunes doing wonders and he go to dubizzle to buy one and start crying after month of real struggle with stock vehicle "INCAPABILITY" or not meeting his expectation vs what he has seeing on that stage III modified version with triple the cost of stock vehicle.

I have been fooled 2 times, same way.

People use Patrol or LC shell not because they are capable but they are spacious to accommodate LS small block V8 engine or Lexus V8 with twin turbo or supercharger setup. Each build cost in range of 50-80K excluding the stock vehicle cost.

@Javier M I agree these modern pickups are comfy and powerful but they are mostly found in Sweihan or Liwa type of terrain - ultra broad and tall dune range, keeping whale body in check on every dune is not fun. I have 3 friends with pickup and when they drive, they hardly cross any dune or crest, instead keep making a track sideways, criss crossing only.

I don't see why stock patrol pickup will not perform well. It has very nice powerful engine combined with nice gearbox(manual or auto) it is not huge like American crew cabin pickups. Dimension between tires little longer than a xterra. It has amazing ground clearance. 

A22531 Patrol UP 1536x864 (1).jpg.ximg.l_6_m.smart.jpg

nissan-xterra-ii-n50-2007-wallpaper-120038.jpg

• Like (+1) 1