•  
Advertise here

Maybach 4x4

Atif

6 hours ago, Atif said:

Would be nice if you posted some of your own thoughts instead of just links

As for the SUV just a more tricked out GLS or is it GLK ? Hard to keep track of all the ugly crap Merc is dishing out nowadays

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

While this SUV is not quite as ugly as some competitors', it is way to shiny for my tastes. In fact, for me it is so glitzy that it looks cheap.Sort of like someone was trying to make a silk purse out of a pig's ear. 

I think that when it comes to vehicles in this class, the less glitz, glam, and chrome there is, the better. Mind you, some pimps and drug smugglers might disagree with me.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, treks said:

While this SUV is not quite as ugly as some competitors', it is way to shiny for my tastes. In fact, for me it is so glitzy that it looks cheap.Sort of like someone was trying to make a silk purse out of a pig's ear. 

I think that when it comes to vehicles in this class, the less glitz, glam, and chrome there is, the better. Mind you, some pimps and drug smugglers might disagree with me.

I guess one of the reasons Maybach hasn't taken off is because they look exactly like the Merc they are based on. Only up close you see the double M logo and slight variation in the lights and grill.

Now If fished out premium money I wouldn't want my car that looks exactly like a much much cheaper S Class and in this case a GLS.

And it's not like there isn't a market for luxury sedans and SUV. The RR phantom came about the same time as the Maybach was revived and it's doing pretty well for its self. So are the Bentley's and their SUVs the Cullinan and Bentayga.

Maybach is not even like the Lexus of Toyota but more like Nissan's Infiniti 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I guess it’s a Middle East thing why they don’t sell here? There just seems to be a set list of cars that people buy here and they don’t dare stray outside it. White Patrol after white Patrol after white Patrol, maybe a white land cruiser somewhere. Maybachs seem to be fairly popular with the high rollers in the big European cities. I’ve only seen one maybach in Dubai in 4 years and that was last week outside MOE. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/27/2019 at 11:59 PM, Barry said:

I guess it’s a Middle East thing why they don’t sell here? There just seems to be a set list of cars that people buy here and they don’t dare stray outside it. White Patrol after white Patrol after white Patrol, maybe a white land cruiser somewhere. Maybachs seem to be fairly popular with the high rollers in the big European cities. I’ve only seen one maybach in Dubai in 4 years and that was last week outside MOE. 

Yeah you just need a reason to bash this place and how its not like "back home" isn't it. 

In its last year of sale Maybach sold a grand total of 6 cars in the US and it went defunct in 2012 because in its entire production run of 10 years since its revival it managed to sell only 3000 cars worldwide. 

Like I said no one wants to pay a huge chunk of money for a car that looks exactly like something way cheaper. Mercedes fucked up big time by basically just rebagding a LWB S class with a few extras and goodies. 

And seems like they haven't learnt their lesson. There is a good demand for a Luxury SUV nowadays hence everyone coming out with one, but Merc is being lazy again by rebadging a GLS.

And if all you see is White Patrols and Land Cruisers you live in the wrong side of town. ;)

• Like (+1) 1