•  

Newbie / Fewbie Morning Drive - Maliha - 29th Nov 2019

Srikumar

Looking for an easy relaxing desert drive for everyone with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow in this beautiful weather.

Maliha is the perfect area for starting of your offroad adventure. It offers small to medium size dunes that offer plenty of opportunity to learn the art of offroading in a safe environment. Plan is to have an early morning Newbie drive to Fossil Rock till about 10:30 am. Depending on the Fewbie response, we shall then have a second session drive towards Faya in some more challenging dunes.

When: 29 November 2019

Meeting time: 6:00 AM, convoy will move at 6:15 AM SHARP (NO EXCEPTIONS)

Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/ye28yTnTSYr

Level: Absolute Newbie / Newbie / Fewbie

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 12:30 PM

What to bring along: Snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 12:30 PM

MUST READ: 

Please RSVP the below calendar event

• Like (+1) 4

Hi there. 

Will take delivery of an bn oldish swb wrangler on weds. 

My 4x4 experience is almost 100% in mud, not sand and quite a long time ago. I did courses and had a swb patrol. 

The car has hooks on both ends. But I don't have other equipment yet (boards, big jack) 

Is it ok to join?

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Hi there. 

Will take delivery of an bn oldish swb wrangler on weds. 

My 4x4 experience is almost 100% in mud, not sand and quite a long time ago. I did courses and had a swb patrol. 

The car has hooks on both ends. But I don't have other equipment yet (boards, big jack) 

Is it ok to join?

Yes, you are most welcome to join. Since you are taking possession of a s cond hand Wrangler on Wednesday, just ensure that all the fluids are in good condition. And that the front and rear tow points are in good condition.

Regarding the equipments, you can get them later. See you on Friday.

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks for that Srikumar. We will make sure to check all the levels when we take possession and look forward to our first off raod adventure in the Dunes. 

• Like (+1) 4

On 11/25/2019 at 8:32 PM, Srikumar said:

@Wrangeld welcome to Carnity Off-road Club. Few questions:

1. Which 4x4 do you drive?

2. Have you had any previous off-road experience?

3. Does your 4x4 have front and rear tow hooks?

1. I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado crew cab

2. I will be humble and say i dont have much experience on dunes but have the will and the love to learn.

3. Yes it has the tow hooks front and rear.

Do I need to remove the air damp which is attached to my trucks bumper or it will clear most dunes easily? I am not aware of the area as i reside in Abu Dhabi. Any advice would help.

Screenshot_20191127-145618_Chrome.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

Welcome @Omairfk. Thank you for answering the basic questions and appreciate your enthusiam to learn desert driving.

Regarding the air damp, it does seem to be low hanging and I would suggest to get it removed. What do you feel @Gaurav, @Rahimdad?

• Like (+1) 1

Remove it and keep it safe or else if desert removes it for you then it wont be in reusable shape.

Image is not very clear showing the right ground clearance, if its less than 1 feet, 100% remove it to get 1 feet of ground clearance (at least). If it's more than 1 feet, then you can take 50-50 chance, only if you are very careful on every dune decline.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use