•  

Newbie / Fewbie Morning Drive - Maliha - 29th Nov 2019

Srikumar

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Remove it and keep it safe or else if desert removes it for you then it wont be in reusable shape.

Image is not very clear showing the right ground clearance, if its less than 1 feet, 100% remove it to get 1 feet of ground clearance (at least). If it's more than 1 feet, then you can take 50-50 chance, only if you are very careful on every dune decline.

Makes sense. Better safe than sorry. Another question which i forgot to ask is do i need comprehensive offroad insurance? I didnt get one at the time of registration as i didnt expect my desire to offroad to grow this quick haha..Since its in almost new condition, dont want to wreck it. Is it possible to only get an offroad cover added to your insurance now? Sorry for the many questions..

• Like (+1) 2

@Omairfk when in doubt better to ask. We are all here for you. It depends which insurance company you are using, check with them if you can pay the extra to add on off road cover. If it's a new vehicle it's worth every fil.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

@Omairfk when in doubt better to ask. We are all here for you. It depends which insurance company you are using, check with them if you can pay the extra to add on off road cover. If it's a new vehicle it's worth every fil.

Update: i just attached the policy terms. Am i reading it right? That its not covered?

Thanks for the prompt response @Rahimdad . i got the insurance through Noor Takaful. I have already contacted them awaiting their response. Dont want to miss this drive. Already missed a few since i was out of the country.  You guys are really very welcoming!! or are you just pretending to be so you can get me to join the cult?? just kidding.... 😜

Screenshot_20191127-182846_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by Omairfk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Offroad insurance is must have, as far as you can have it until 7-10 years of age of vehicle.

If Noor can't add, cancel that policy and switch to RSA and AXA, proven best insurance with no-headache offroad cover.

Check RTA process for change of insurance and update here too (in separate thread) to help others.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

5 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Offroad insurance is must have, as far as you can have it until 7-10 years of age of vehicle.

If Noor can't add, cancel that policy and switch to RSA and AXA, proven best insurance with no-headache offroad cover.

Check RTA process for change of insurance and update here too (in separate thread) to help others.

Sure, i will update you guys. Hopefully its not a hassle.

• Like (+1) 2

So after numerous calls to the company and broker they tell me that it is not possible to add offroad cover to my truck. The only cover i have is recovery of broken down vehicle from the desert. They claim that even if they do add "offroad cover", accidents involving for example the truck flipping or dune bashing is not covered by traditional offroad cover. Ill have to get some special entertainment cover. I have no idea what they are on about. Is this true? Can any one suggest what to do? I dont think it is feasible to cancel my insurance and take a new one and go through  passing and renewal just to switch to offroad cover. 😑

• Like (+1) 1

This is the typical "scaring" information you will get from the companies who do not offer such cover.

No standard insurance covers racing, rally, motorsport, contest, kind of events as it requires a visit from an inspector to check your car modification quality and stage of modification to quote you accordingly.

For stock or slightly modified cars with reasonable lift, filter and protection mods etc. standard insurance is more than enough.

RSA, AXA and even Oman offroad cover "COVERS" all types of offroad accidents, flips and damages as far as they are accidents means unintentional with an exception of damage done while towing (not covered). So for extreme stuck situation (god forbid) RSA offer 2 free desert recoveries per year you can avail that.

Call RSA and double check my information, as I have recently got this information due to an incident we had.

For changing insurance on registration card, passing and renewal is required.....? Very weird. Have you called RTA to get this information or it was advised by existing insurance guys?

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use