•  
Advertise here

Why ENOC fuel station doesn't need credit card pin?

Gaurav

Have you ever noticed that ENOC fuel station doesn't require you to punch the security pin?

I'm really clueless how, and concerned for safety to know more if someone is aware of any secret way to authorize credit card transaction without security pin or phone apps....?

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

My first debit card and credit card in 1998 had a pin too. Dont know about your dino era bro, it's a safety issue. Especially now in today world of scammers and thieves.

• Like (+1) 1

I dont have any wave card or app, just plain vanilla credit card.

Hope they have some security in place to not to charge any card at multiple locations in case its lost or stolen. 200 is not too much to risk.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

I dont have any wave card or app, just plain vanilla credit card.

Hope they have some security in place to not to charge any card at multiple locations in case its lost or stolen. 200 is not too much to risk.

This feature was launched after the release of the Tap function, of you remember before we had to give the Pin to the pump attendant or type it in. It’s considered safe as it’s below 200 Per Transaction (meaning I can swipe unlimited in amounts of 200 if the bank doesn’t recognize the pattern.) Banks nowadays have liability clauses in the contracts and if you file a complaint for a charge the pump number and time is noted so it’s very easy to track who was using the card without your approval. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Have you ever noticed that ENOC fuel station doesn't require you to punch the security pin?

I'm really clueless how, and concerned for safety to know more if someone is aware of any secret way to authorize credit card transaction without security pin or phone apps....?

If you give you your card, and the person makes a copy of both sides, he or she can do with it what she wants. Some banks have a verification for online transfers (after a certain amount), where you have to verify your transfer by a code that you'll receive after putting al your details (also the 3 numbers on the back).

Better to pay cash.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Gaurav said:

a lot of retailer can bypass pin (just press enter when pin screen pop's up) and the transaction goes thru. Most retailers ask for pin as they do not want individuals to contact banks and void/stop a transaction after purchase. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, AKR said:

a lot of retailer can bypass pin (just press enter when pin screen pop's up) and the transaction goes thru. Most retailers ask for pin as they do not want individuals to contact banks and void/stop a transaction after purchase. 

Correct, but officially they should ask for a signature for the verification then... "officially"

• Like (+1) 1