•  
Advertise here

Guess the car

Gaurav

2 minutes ago, Barry said:

Dyane is Citroen too. It was based on the 2CV but it was a hatchback version. 

Damn you’re right. Wonder why I keep bringing Renault in this 🧐

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

18 hours ago, Jas Gajaria said:

How you gonna call this ugly! Probably my go to car to enjoy with the roof down on a road trip from Níce to Monte Carlo a long the coast 😂

Well you can do the same in a Chrysler Crossfire too, but that also doesn't stop it from being an ugly POS

• Like (+1) 1

The 2CV was to the French what the VW Beetle was to the Germans. Clear and incontrovertible proof that the leaders of both nations hated the people in their countries enough to give them cars to kill themselves with. 

• Haha (+1) 4

On 12/2/2019 at 6:30 PM, Frederic said:

Damn you’re right. Wonder why I keep bringing Renault in this 🧐

Renault had the 4CV. It was designed to compete with the Citroen 2CV but was a lot more refined and had more in common with the VW Beetle due to having a 4 cylinder rear mounted engine, unlike the 2 cylinder front mounted engine of the 2CV. The sales never matches that of the 2CV. One of the 2CVs biggest selling points was that almost anyone with a bit of technical knowledge could repair it in the middle of a field with minimal tools. The 4CV was too refined and complex for this. 

F74814C4-55E5-4B4D-BD17-DD5524D61E4C.jpeg.a752e99ecd07e38650f717aae996f748.jpeg

To show the simplicity of the 2CV, here is a short story about a man who got stuck in the desert in one and converted it to a 2 wheeled motorbike to get home. 

https://youtu.be/hFMWgSgB4sg

Mythbusters did a piece on this story. It’s so long since I’ve seen it that I can’t remember the outcome. 

• Like (+1) 5