•  
Advertise here

Garage that can do Flag Mount in few hours

Zed

Hi all, currently I used a suction cup + carbon-fibre fishing rod for my safety flag pole. For slow drives it's ok, but after jumping from uphill, it dropped once. Not sure if it's the suction cup, but looking for a more stronger mount for my safety flag. Any recommendation for garage that can do a Flag Mount for Nissal Patrol 2019? And what is the standard M-size of the flag pole screw? Maybe I can drill a hole to my suction cup that fits the flag pole. 
* thanks in advance, friends.

52086C3E-4EC6-4034-A6A6-D6F25C74EA0E.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Welcome to Carnity Zed !

The suction cup is a pretty decent option for many offroaders that don't want to drill holes or do other modifications. But from what i've seen it only works best if the pole and flag are very light. The carbon fishing pole is probably a bit too bulky and that might cause the stress.

From the fellow offroaders that use the smaller flagpoles from Dragon Mart, they seem to be having little to no issue, but i agree having it properly mounted is always the best option. 

Specific 4x4 shops will probably sell you a AOR flagpole, and install it for you. 

Ramy Automotive is one of those, but there are many others around of which i don't have that much experience with. Our other senior members will chip in with more info, or we can have a chat about it tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I fully agree with Fred advise on fishing pole, if you don't like to drill hole. To strengthen it you can join suction clamp and flag with masking tape strongly, use little water for suction cup and try to use flat glass than curved one for better grip.

If you really want a permanent fixture, you can buy AOR flag from many ENOC fuel station now and go to Ras Al Khor and many shops are available for making flag bracket.

Go here https://goo.gl/maps/FTNF7NpYeiBQn9E1A and check and few other garage in the same line. I can't rem, but I think I got my LED light bracket made from Powerfull or next neighboring shop. It took them 2 hour to make it and costed me 200 dhs. For flag bracket I think it might cost 100 (maybe).

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I used to use a double suction cup grip bought from dragon Mart with a real long flexible type radio antenna. Never had any issues with it.

It came with a gutter mount but the double suction cup method worked better. The gutter mount kept getting loose and it would start to droop. 

I've never found single cup grips to work well with bigger masts 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Welcome to Carnity Zed !

The suction cup is a pretty decent option for many offroaders that don't want to drill holes or do other modifications. But from what i've seen it only works best if the pole and flag are very light. The carbon fishing pole is probably a bit too bulky and that might cause the stress.

From the fellow offroaders that use the smaller flagpoles from Dragon Mart, they seem to be having little to no issue, but i agree having it properly mounted is always the best option. 

Specific 4x4 shops will probably sell you a AOR flagpole, and install it for you. 

Ramy Automotive is one of those, but there are many others around of which i don't have that much experience with. Our other senior members will chip in with more info, or we can have a chat about it tomorrow.

Thanks Fred, I went to Ramy both in DXB and AUH, but they don't have the suction cup adapter. But on their website, they used to have this "black bolt adapter" that bridges between the suction cup and real flag pole. I just need this adapter (see screenshots). Thanks and see you tomorrow!

FC96CBFF-0167-453B-9F33-FDF5B7516DFB.jpeg

24A60823-C52F-46D8-B553-2E4A1B2947C6.jpeg

D3A49563-8201-4E45-83DD-F204105D2E2B.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

I get flashbacks of my journey to find an adapter. Honestly, I gave up. Can't give you a direction where to go for this adapter.

I can tell you though that at, Dragon Mart, Ramy, and a few screw and bolt stores they couldn't help me.

If you find somebody or a shop, please share it with us, you were not the first and will not be the last who is searching for this.

Edited by Xaf
typo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

I fully agree with Fred advise on fishing pole, if you don't like to drill hole. To strengthen it you can join suction clamp and flag with masking tape strongly, use little water for suction cup and try to use flat glass than curved one for better grip.

If you really want a permanent fixture, you can buy AOR flag from many ENOC fuel station now and go to Ras Al Khor and many shops are available for making flag bracket.

Go here https://goo.gl/maps/FTNF7NpYeiBQn9E1A and check and few other garage in the same line. I can't rem, but I think I got my LED light bracket made from Powerfull or next neighboring shop. It took them 2 hour to make it and costed me 200 dhs. For flag bracket I think it might cost 100 (maybe).

Thank you for the Google Maps location, I will surely pay them a visit and check around.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

I used to use a double suction cup grip bought from dragon Mart with a real long flexible type radio antenna. Never had any issues with it.

It came with a gutter mount but the double suction cup method worked better. The gutter mount kept getting loose and it would start to droop. 

I've never found single cup grips to work well with bigger masts 

Double-Suction Cup, yes, this ought to hold the fishing rod :)

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/5/2019 at 4:06 PM, Zed said:

Thank you for the Google Maps location, I will surely pay them a visit and check around.

Cheers!

Double-Suction Cup, yes, this ought to hold the fishing rod :)

Hi Zed,

I need to install flag mount in my prado. Finally, what option, you were opted? Are you happy with that solution? it will help me to choose better option!! Thanks in advance to give your time

Edited by Chirag S.
  • Like (+1) 1