•  
Advertise here

6th Dec pink rock newbie drive

My plan is to end in Badayer, there is a mosque for Friday prayers. But in case convoy is slow I have alternate plans as well.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/9zzMXZBLJ75TAF4f7

• Like (+1) 2

It was good to get back with my favourite off rood club after a break.

i hope I did not get speed ticket as my friend was a bit late and I was gunning on the highway to get on time and just made it.

i enjoyed the drive and equally importantly my 2 friends/colleagues enjoyed the drive as much as I did. So thanks to rahimbhai for leading us.

i thought I will be rusty but pleasantly surprised that I was able to remember the tips passed on to me by rahimbhai, gaurav bhai, Sri kumar, Emmanuel, Frederic and others.

i remembered how awful I was on my very first drive last year and compared to that I have come some way 😁

again this is a reflection on the great guidance in this close knit group. 

As always the drive up the pink rock got my heart racing and revs racing more😁

finally and the very best part is rahimbhai’S aloo paratta and Karak chai.

with that we returned back to Dubai to spend the night here.

i will meet you all again the Friday after Xmas.

thank you again for a wonderful morning

regards to all 

srini

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

6 hours ago, srini62 said:

It was good to get back with my favourite off rood club after a break.

i hope I did not get speed ticket as my friend was a bit late and I was gunning on the highway to get on time and just made it.

i enjoyed the drive and equally importantly my 2 friends/colleagues enjoyed the drive as much as I did. So thanks to rahimbhai for leading us.

i thought I will be rusty but pleasantly surprised that I was able to remember the tips passed on to me by rahimbhai, gaurav bhai, Sri kumar, Emmanuel, Frederic and others.

i remembered how awful I was on my very first drive last year and compared to that I have come some way 😁

again this is a reflection on the great guidance in this close knit group. 

As always the drive up the pink rock got my heart racing and revs racing more😁

finally and the very best part is rahimbhai’S aloo paratta and Karak chai.

with that we returned back to Dubai to spend the night here.

i will meet you all again the Friday after Xmas.

thank you again for a wonderful morning

regards to all 

srini

We were all happy to see you back @srini62 your super positive attitude and patience is a blessing In this hobby. You showed confidence and drove great today, that FJ felt at home in the desert under your skillful command !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Another fantastically well organized and marshalled drive by Rahimdad, Freddie and Emmanuel (sorry to those I forgot in that list - we were at the back!)

Thanks to all those who helped us make our way round, gave amazing tips once again and made sure we all got home safely and securely. Great also to meet more new faces and learn so much from all the people out there making sure we have fun, smile, laugh and learn about going out to the dunes safely and carefully. 

Being a newbie it's excellent to be given the opportunity to test out ourselves and the car, find our way out of (and into) trouble. We truly appreciate the planning and thought that you give to making these events a success. 

Till next week. 

Edited by Wrangeld
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Trip report - Nice crisp fresh morning air with a ray from the rising sun got me up fresh and ready to go. It was great to see everybody on time. A first for Carnity was brewing as I met @Soren who was unaware on how to join. By the time the seniors could contemplate on a decision he had signed up and joined the drive. Over the drive to roar from his Nissan Titan kept us excited.

We quickly headed to the deflation point where we completed our briefing for our newest members @Soren and @Zed. After a long time I had some trouble deciding convoy numbering assisted by @Frederic to get everybody standing in their convoy positions and we were off. As per our newbie training we started off with some easy dunes and build it to tougher terrain. Everybody managed well and we were at the base of Pink Rocks in good time.

At this point we crossed the Pink Rocks to further feed the spirit of adventure as we headed towards the Big Red. We were faced with slightly more challenging dunes, but @Shamil, @Frederic and @Emmanuel kept us all moving. Looking at the clock and it was close to the Friday prayer timing. Just than we found a super smooth route which allowed us to complete 6 kilometers off road in 15 minutes.

As we hit the road I heard the Azaan from the mosque on the other side. Quickly I headed to cross the bridge to the Bidayer shops and rushed for prayers. After the prayers we had a light lunch with plenty of contributions from all. As the newbies headed home, the Fewbies got prepared for the second half of the day. For more on that stay tuned to the Fewbie drive thread to get the flavour of what was in store for us.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1