•  
Advertise here

Air filter for compartment??

Heyas, hope every one is having some great drives now when the cool weather is here!

Hope i can get some help from the collective here as i notised i dont have a filter for the compartment??? its just blocked off, i will open it and use a filter but i cant realy find what filter to use??

As far as i can understand i have a Pajero V97 (pajero 2016 with 3,8L engine) does any one know what filter i need cant find any reliably info any where...

Regards

Per

• Like (+1) 1

Search here or on youtube, as I rem seeing something in the past exactly what you are after: Put an AC filter when stock doesn't have one. Shame I can't recall where I have seen that, but its possible for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Quick reply from a Pajero friend, hope it helps. European Pajero has Air Filter.

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-07 at 12.12.25 AM.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

15 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Quick reply from a Pajero friend, hope it helps. European Pajero has Air Filter.

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-07 at 12.12.25 AM.jpeg

Perfect!!!! Thank you now I know what to get. 

Have seen the tutorials, just needs to cut out the cover and insert filter.  Simple 3 minute jobb! 

/Per

• Like (+1) 1

But why? What's wrong with just cracking the window. 

I dunno about others but I've probably newer used the outside air function. It always selected to recirc. 

When weather is decent nowadays a cracked window does the job. 

In the summertime it's too and you're just going to lower the cooling of the AC and make it work even harder.

In my old range Rover I had two cabin filters and the slots did nothing but bring in water, sand and leaves.So they were sealed shut.

Same with my new range Rover. The slot for the cabin filter is nothing but a PITA. With the drains blocked Everytime it rains the water leaking into the dash and the floor is soaked and the ECUs go haywire. 

Been meaning to clear the drains and seal of the slot with some silicone. But procrastination got the better of me and now it's raining again! 

Can't wait to start up the car tomorrow and see how crazy it's acting!

Mitshu did you a great favour by blocking it off in GCC spec cars. Don't mess with it!

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, desertdude said:

But why? What's wrong with just cracking the window. 

I dunno about others but I've probably newer used the outside air function. It always selected to recirc. 

When weather is decent nowadays a cracked window does the job. 

In the summertime it's too and you're just going to lower the cooling of the AC and make it work even harder.

In my old range Rover I had two cabin filters and the slots did nothing but bring in water, sand and leaves.So they were sealed shut.

Same with my new range Rover. The slot for the cabin filter is nothing but a PITA. With the drains blocked Everytime it rains the water leaking into the dash and the floor is soaked and the ECUs go haywire. 

Been meaning to clear the drains and seal of the slot with some silicone. But procrastination got the better of me and now it's raining again! 

Can't wait to start up the car tomorrow and see how crazy it's acting!

Mitshu did you a great favour by blocking it off in GCC spec cars. Don't mess with it!

I want the filter do be able to clean the a it a bit (will be using carbon filter) as filter is user both when recirculating and when taking outside air. The dirt and debris that get stuck in the filter should be stuck in the filter as it other will go in to the cabin.

As for the construction of the pajero water should not get there as the filter is located over the fan and fan motor and if water gets in there it will get in to the fan and ruin that.

So the basics is to reduce fumes and dust when in queues

• Like (+1) 3