•  
Advertise here

FJC GXR or Extreme: Which is Better Off-Road Car

Hi Friends,

I'd tried to search the conclusion on different search engine towards better off road i..e FJC GXR or Extreme ?!! Off road includes sand dune, mountain safari, beach drives etc. 

So far as my experience is concern, I am comfortable with GXR as of now!!

Awaiting to see the expert advise from you, to enhance my knowledge!!

Thanks,

Chirag

• Like (+1) 1

From what i remember, the main differences between the GXR and the Xtreme are the  Fox Lift Kit and some cosmetics. Engine wise i do not think that there is any difference. Once you will find the GXR is at the physical limit of your possibilities, you will be a Dunebashing Pro. 

Both do suffer from the horrible outward view limitation which is while offroading not desirable. It's like sitting in a cardboard box with three holes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

36 minutes ago, Frederic said:

From what i remember, the main differences between the GXR and the Xtreme are the  Fox Lift Kit and some cosmetics. Engine wise i do not think that there is any difference. Once you will find the GXR is at the physical limit of your possibilities, you will be a Dunebashing Pro. 

Both do suffer from the horrible outward view limitation which is while offroading not desirable. It's like sitting in a cardboard box with three holes.

I carried KIA Mohave and FJC GXR to sand dunes at AL Awir, but outward view limitation noticed in FJC definitely. Not horrible but comparatively not friendly view . Usually, while driving on familiar dunes or while following caravan, its seems okay to drive any car. This is my personal view.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chirag S. said:

I think, that is for accessories & all terrain tires and lift body for few inches!!

You can do all that for half the money yourself. A probably do a better job than the dealer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I agree with @Frederic and @desertdude. If ever you feel that your FJ has reached its limits and you need a little extra, you can get it done at quarter of the price being charged by Al Futtaim and enjoy your ride further. They are basically the same vehicle, the Extreme is fitted with fox suspensions and some fancy paint job and accessories, nothing you can't buy from outside at a much lower cost.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1