•  

Off Road Music! What's your GoTo Playlist?

Jas Gajaria

21 minutes ago, Shamil said:

Hahah your French and you don’t like Celine Dion? I don’t buy that. I’m sure she’s your favorite. Cmon admit it.

https://giphy.com/gifs/anchorman-lies-lie-EouEzI5bBR8uk

Only old fat heartbroken aunties listen to Celine. You being the exception of course.

• Haha (+1) 5

11 hours ago, Emmanuel said:

Off-road : my V6 and Carnity FM 

On-road : it can be anything except Celine Dion 😜 Bach, Handel, PJ Harvey, DJ Krush, Ahmad Jamal, John Coltrane, Yusuf Omar, La Lupe, Girija Devi, Biohazard, Fishbone, High Tone, John Cage, etc. 

Ooooh DJ Krush, John Coltrane, Biohazard... Nice !!! but very eclectic :) 

You'll probably like DJ Shadow too. (check out his album Endtroducing)

11 hours ago, Shamil said:

Hahah your French and you don’t like Celine Dion? I don’t buy that. I’m sure she’s your favorite. Cmon admit it.

https://giphy.com/gifs/anchorman-lies-lie-EouEzI5bBR8uk

France has a LOT more to offer than a Canadian goose called Celine Dion.

Just a few:

* Daft Punk

* Serge Gainsbourg

* Air 

* Phoenix

* Erik Satie

* Charles Aznavour

* Laurent Garnier

* Indochine

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

France has a LOT more to offer than a Canadian goose called Celine Dion.

And so is Belgium my friend : Jacques Brel, Arno, Stromae, the list is so long

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

You'll probably like DJ Shadow too. (check out his album Endtroducing)

Yes of course I like DJ Shadow

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I like the sounds that my car is producing while I working with it. Not only the engine but as well the suspension, gears, driveshaft and sand that goes over/in it.

I tried to drive with music, it is nice to surf over the dunes when I am alone and there is nobody around me, but it has a big disadvantage, you can’t hear the surrounding, so also no other traffic.

With the group I want to keep my attention to the radio. If I would have a system to connect my 2 way radio to the audio system of the car and it would dim the audio of the music when somebody is transmitting on the frequency, then I would certainly listen to music during the newbie drives. (Yes, this exist)

So what do I listen, 

Bob Marley, Audioslave, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Kraftwerk, Giorgio Moroder.

Giorgio Moroder??? Few people will frown their eyebrows. I like classical music, but during a road trip it is just not doing it for me. Giorgio Moroder is the electrical variant of classical music. 

For the unknown;

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Same here, no music when i am offroading with the club because 462.887 is too important not to hear. But on my way to the meeting points and on the daily commute my music is always on.

@Xaf Giorgio Moroder is great. Also Kraftwerk is quite relaxing to drive with.

• Like (+1) 2

Personally I don’t listen to any music while off-roading, especially when it gets a bit extreme. I came to the conclusion that it might be dangerous because unconsciously you try to follow the rhythm and the mood of the music while driving, when actually you should follow the rythm of the dunes. Maybe it will sound weird but that’s how I feel it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

18 minutes ago, Emmanuel said:

I came to the conclusion that it might be dangerous because unconsciously you try to follow the rhythm and the mood of the music while driving, when actually you should follow the rythm of the dunes.

Very well said and I totally agree that your choice of music will reflect on your drive style.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

26 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Very well said and I totally agree that your choice of music will reflect on your drive style.

So you heard it @Shamil no more Celine Dion. From now on put on some AC/DC. Your car will fly on every dune :) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

So you heard it @Shamil no more Celine Dion. From now on put on some AC/DC. Your car will fly on every dune :) 

It’s amazing how all you guys thought that I was serious about listening to Celine Dion while dune bashing😂 I actually listen to music while off-roading and keep the volume low( so that I can hear the radio alerts as well) especially when I’m driving alone and I even have 2 dedicated playlists for off-roading - ones trance( chicane, ATB, Armin van burren, DJ tiesto, Ministry of Sound, Eric Prydz etc) and the other one is Metal/heavy rock( Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC DC, deep purple, GNR etc)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

34 minutes ago, Shamil said:

It’s amazing how all you guys thought that I was serious about listening to Celine Dion while dune bashing😂 I actually listen to music while off-roading and keep the volume low( so that I can hear the radio alerts as well) especially when I’m driving alone and I even have 2 dedicated playlists for off-roading - ones trance( chicane, ATB, Armin van burren, DJ tiesto, Ministry of Sound, Eric Prydz etc) and the other one is Metal/heavy rock( Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC DC, deep purple, GNR etc)

Do I hear a back peddle!

6 hours ago, Frederic said:

Daft Punk

Daft Punk Canadian! 🤔

• Haha (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use