•  

Newbie/Fewbie Morning Drive through Al Qudra - 13 Dec 2019

Srikumar

Qudra Area is famous for its white sand and will offer a good mix of playable dunes, technical dunes to test your car control. Plan is to drive till about 12:00 PM in some nice medium range dunes.

Level Newbie and above

When: 13 December 2019

Meeting time: 6:15 AM, convoy will move at sharp 6:30 AM

Where: Al Qudra Parking

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/Ru8v4AiVBHVVeaBU9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 12:00 PM

What to bring along: Loads of snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 12:00 PM

Please RSVP the below calendar event

• Like (+1) 5

55 minutes ago, Xaf said:

Hi Srikumar,

I don’t know it is due that I am in the US now, but the calendar Is saying that the drive starts at 08:15 pm on the 12th.

But the drive is on the 13th starting at 06:15, correct?

I think that's because of the time zone. Drive is on 13th Dec at 6:15 am

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 12/10/2019 at 10:38 AM, Xaf said:

Hi Srikumar,

I don’t know it is due that I am in the US now, but the calendar Is saying that the drive starts at 08:15 pm on the 12th.

But the drive is on the 13th starting at 06:15, correct?

now i know whom to approach if i need to order car parts from the states 😎

Edited by Shamil
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

35 minutes ago, Shamil said:

With overnight delivery right......? 😝

• Haha (+1) 6

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I’ve just finished Christmas shopping and trip preparation, nonstop since the morning. If I’m not there in time that means Mr. Sandman dictated I stay in and therefore see you all next year! (Unless you organize an afternoon or evening drive before Thursday 😁)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Shamil said:

Don't mind to take something with me for you, only the delivery is sometimes unreliable. I only stay 2 days in the USA for work, and when we are going to order something, we have to be sure it will be delivered in this timeframe. 

Ordering too early, the risk exist that my schedule changes and nobody can pick it up.

4 hours ago, Jamy B. said:

I’ve just finished Christmas shopping and trip preparation, nonstop since the morning. If I’m not there in time that means Mr. Sandman dictated I stay in and therefore see you all next year! (Unless you organize an afternoon or evening drive before Thursday 😁)

Ask Santa for a nice 4x4 :)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Xaf said:

Don't mind to take something with me for you, only the delivery is sometimes unreliable. I only stay 2 days in the USA for work, and when we are going to order something, we have to be sure it will be delivered in this timeframe. 

Ordering too early, the risk exist that my schedule changes and nobody can pick it up.

Ask Santa for a nice 4x4 :)

I’m afraid I haven’t been good this year (my last name is, literally, Baadi)!! If I do ask him for that, he might bring me a Picanto, or whatever the equivalent of coal in cars is 😁

• Haha (+1) 9

My oh my. Another early start 100% worthwhile. Srikumar led us through beautiful dunes: looking every inch like the desert vision we had in our minds in Europe growing up. 

Freddie. Thanks for laying down tracks to follow , Rahimded for sweeping us up and a fantastic gang of wonderful people for what turned out to be simply the funniest and most technical drive yet. Shamil, TJ Xaf, Adam, Bony, Adil, thanks for everything (sorry if I missed someone). 

We even had a few moments if real learning on how to recover. Important to feel how that feels for next time.

My over enthusiasm meant you very kindly had to dig me out ... followed by a transforming piece of advice which this newbie is not going to forget. Riding the dunes has a whole other meaning now.

No doubt it gets more and more challenging from here. These small technical dunes felt like a training ground for the promise of what's to come ... and boy, are we looking forward to that. 

Anyone reading this with doubts about whether it's really worth getting up before the crack of dawn to join these drives, push those doubts from your mind. Take a nap in the afternoon. 

There's not a lot of better ways to enjoy your Friday morning with some great company, incredible natural beauty ... let's not forget the gazelles either ... and safe learning of how to truly enjoy this majestic landscape. 

Thank you once again. 

Edited by Wrangeld
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Wrangeld Thanks for the nice write-up. Your posts should become our advertisement post for Carnity. You describe the exact feeling i also get when waking up early in the morning and driving to the meetup point. Always looking forward to the next adventure and people to meet. 

@Srikumar has again treated us with fantastic dunes and when I look at how everyone managed this terrain so well I am fully sure that the guidance, briefings, confidence , and mentorship skills that he applies on every drive is the main reason for this. 

@Shamil and @Rahimdad did great sweep duties. Thanks for having our backs every time.

This will be my last drive for 2019 so I’m currently dusting out and cleaning the little blue one and giving her a bit of rest. I’ll be back in 2020 and I wish all my Carnity friends a warm Christmas and blessed New Year !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use