•  
Advertise here

Engine Swap

Hi

Recently .my 1.3 Lancer engine is dead, Now i need to replace it but below are some of the query i need help with 

Can i swap my 1.3 engine with 1.6 engine ?     

Do i need permission from RTA to upgrade to bigger engine ?

• Like (+1) 1

Im not sure about technical challenges. I guess if both engine mounts are same, then its a doable job. If not, RTA will seldom approve the change or welding of engine mounts.

In either case, YES you need RTA approval for any engine swap and if its in same number of cylinder range (4 to 4, 6 to 6) then chances are you will get the paper. If its upgrade (4 to 6) NO WAYS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Sidshk said:

Hi

Recently .my 1.3 Lancer engine is dead, Now i need to replace it but below are some of the query i need help with 

Can i swap my 1.3 engine with 1.6 engine ?     

Do i need permission from RTA to upgrade to bigger engine ?

If its basically the same engine just with a bigger bore i.e bigger capacity. No need for anything. Just get a receipt from the place where you get the engine with the engine number on it. Just in case you get flagged for different number. This might happen even if you put in 1.3 since engine number will change

Although I haven't seen this happen since many are upgrading their engines in the LR community going from 3.9 to 4.5 from a different land rover, without issue. And about a zillion engine changes while I was running my shop, no one ever had an issue. Issue would be changing the number of cylinders 

Unless there are new changes to the rules that I'm not aware of. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Unless there are new changes to the rules that I'm not aware of. 

Yes my information was from 2018 by personally visiting the RTA HQ for checking all the possibilities.

Every engine swap need RTA permission paper now, If its same size and no change of mount you can get paper from RTA officers in tasjeel barsha (I think).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.