•  
Advertise here

Wheel Spacers vs Backspacing

Srikumar

Also deep dish rim size comes in higher sizes above 17 and 18 onwards, I really doubt you can source 15 inch in deep dish rims.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Srikumar

If you are going to change the wheels, I would start with searching the wheels you like with less offset.

For example; if your rim has ET0, go for -30, that would be the same as a spacer of 30mm.

Regarding different size and offset compared with the original, you can check it with this:

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=285-70-17X8ET50&wheel2=295-70-17X8.5ET0&scl=1.96875in&wcl=1.1875in&fcl=1in&sr=0in

I would give it a try in Sharjah, a set for 4 wheels costs between 1000-2000 aed (you need probably 5) (chinese copy)

I have no idea for your XJ, but don’t give up if they don’t have your wheels with the offset you like. Try the next shop, they might have a set somewhere upstairs stored.

If you can’t find your wheel with correct offset, then I would go for spacers.

Quality spacers are not cheap, so I am sure u will be cheaper of when you go for wheels with correct offset.

Good luck :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Cheaper or replica wheels are PITA for balancing and alignment. Also for offroad use they are quite risky, seen few bend or broken with extreme offroad use, stick to reasonable brand or buy used stock ones they are much safer to use and last.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.