•  
Advertise here

Vibration and Noise @ 75-105 Kms Speed

Hi 

There is vibration and noise between 75-105 Kms after the speed goes above 105 the noise and vibration goes off same with when speed is lower than 75 no noise and vibration 

No vibration in P-R-N-D while idling 

Recently i have changed my Engine Mounting and Gear Mounting.

diagnosis done by 2 Mechanic 

- Something wrong with tyres (Tyres are 6 Months Old )

- Engine Coils have gone bad  - so when there is load on the weak coil its makes vibration

- Something wrong with steering coloum Rod (Which is above Silencer) some dirt or damage which they have to open and check 

If you have any idea what can be the reason please help me or help me with someone who can take a proper look and solve the problem 

@Barry @Gaurav @desertdude @Frederic need your expert advice's  

• Like (+1) 1

So basically they are just throwing shit at the wall hoping something will stick 

Start with the utter basics like checking wheel balancing then go down the list. Caster and camber angles

Lift the tyres in the air and see if there is any play at the 12 n 6 and 3 n 9 position. 

Check all suspension bushings with a big tie rod for any play.

Then check for any play in the steering.

Then for any play in the drive shafts

Finally check if your disc brakes run out in within spec 

Oh also no harm in having tyres checked out again. Ive heard and experienced newish tyres here go out of round or get bulges after a long day of driving in the rain.

I was driving my friend's car last year and he had recently changed tyres. After being stuck for a couple of hours on a water logged mbz road. On the way back to Rak a vibration started to appear and got worse and worse. By the time I reached RAK it had gotten real bad. Turns out a bulge had formed. 

I think they were zeetex brand tyres and clearly being partially submerged for a few hours had messed them up.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

In the case of my 99 Pajero it was the left CV axle that was on its way out and responsible for vibration at around 80kmh. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Dont get me wrong but better to sell that car. Every month you are facing with another problem. I was in same position with my old Cherokee and i always thinking it will be good at some point but didint. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

im no expert but it looks a particular gear wheel (maybe 3rd or 4th gear) is messed up since the issue pops up at a very specific speed range. i had a similar issue with my old VW tiguan and the culprit was the transmission but then again that was exhibiting similar traits like your issue on lower speeds. I sincerely hope i am wrong about this because if i am right, it could mean that you would need to change your entire transmission system.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 hours ago, desertdude said:

So basically they are just throwing shit at the wall hoping something will stick 

Start with the utter basics like checking wheel balancing then go down the list. Caster and camber angles

Lift the tyres in the air and see if there is any play at the 12 n 6 and 3 n 9 position. 

Check all suspension bushings with a big tie rod for any play.

Then check for any play in the steering.

Then for any play in the drive shafts

Finally check if your disc brakes run out in within spec 

Oh also no harm in having tyres checked out again. Ive heard and experienced newish tyres here go out of round or get bulges after a long day of driving in the rain.

I was driving my friend's car last year and he had recently changed tyres. After being stuck for a couple of hours on a water logged mbz road. On the way back to Rak a vibration started to appear and got worse and worse. By the time I reached RAK it had gotten real bad. Turns out a bulge had formed. 

I think they were zeetex brand tyres and clearly being partially submerged for a few hours had messed them up.

Thanks a lot , Checked Tyre yesterday and it good 

Axle is good , finally they have to check for driveshaft joint which might have gone bad   

The vibration is not constant, it shows sometime and sometime its driving fine 

17 hours ago, Frederic said:

In the case of my 99 Pajero it was the left CV axle that was on its way out and responsible for vibration at around 80kmh. 

Thanks for your help , Axle are in good condition 

16 hours ago, sertac said:

Dont get me wrong but better to sell that car. Every month you are facing with another problem. I was in same position with my old Cherokee and i always thinking it will be good at some point but didint. 

Yes sir even i was thinking to sell it but my mechanic advised against it , as per him the Engine is in immaculate condition and its very difficult to get clean cars now a days 

But still u will look onto sell it 

16 hours ago, Shamil said:

im no expert but it looks a particular gear wheel (maybe 3rd or 4th gear) is messed up since the issue pops up at a very specific speed range. i had a similar issue with my old VW tiguan and the culprit was the transmission but then again that was exhibiting similar traits like your issue on lower speeds. I sincerely hope i am wrong about this because if i am right, it could mean that you would need to change your entire transmission system.

Thanks for your response, there is no jerk while shifting but still will ask workshop to have a look onto it 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sidshk said:

Thanks a lot , Checked Tyre yesterday and it good 

Axle is good , finally they have to check for driveshaft joint which might have gone bad   

The vibration is not constant, it shows sometime and sometime its driving fine 

Thanks for your help , Axle are in good condition 

Yes sir even i was thinking to sell it but my mechanic advised against it , as per him the Engine is in immaculate condition and its very difficult to get clean cars now a days 

But still u will look onto sell it 

Thanks for your response, there is no jerk while shifting but still will ask workshop to have a look onto it 

Mechanic is not going to tell you to sell that. If you get a decent car you won't be visiting him this much. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Have a similar issue, i have a vibration sometimes its strange.

Sometimes its fine and sometimes i can feel it but barley in the steering wheel.

Have had this issue in the vintner in a bunch of different cars snow melts and leave water on the rim that becomes ice and vibrates, but what is it here?? 

Sand wouldn't stay?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Per A its a Pajero thing. you just need to take a few on the chin.

For the price a 4x4 is too good to be true, so it is too good to be true.

You get a few noise here and a few noise there and some vibration that just haunts you for a while and disappears or mirrors rattling. Just need to take some good with the bad. if the car is in an undriveable state then we can think about how to get it moving again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1