•  
Advertise here

Mistsubishi Patrol ?

desertdude

Mitsu don't want to invest in a new generation of a Pajero, evident from the fact the current one is 14 years old now. Already discontinued in Japan

But they gotta do something and soon before even the most die hard fans get bored of this old car and move on. 

Now with the recent tie up with Nissan seems like they are looking in the direction of a rebadged Nissan Patrol as the new Pajero. Although I don't see how that would help as the Patrol itself is pretty long in the tooth and starting to suffer the same issues.

https://www.motor1.com/news/387982/nissan-patrol-mitsubishi-pajero-platform/amp/

So if Pajero Patrol and Land Cruiser don't come up with something new. Won't be long before people stop paying 2020 money for a 2006-8 product

• Like (+1) 2

Sad to see all legends leaving us or coming back in different avatar for more mall crawling users.

I would be very excited to see Mitsu Patrol or Pajrol with V6 - 4800 VTEC engine.

Pajero brought or kept the old shape Pajero in Asian countries with 2.8 diesel variant, seems to do the trick for time being. They should explore that option with 3.8 petrol more potent engine for GCC market. Stock shape without any mod it can eat lot of current offroader lineup. I know I'm heavily biased :-)

Mitsubishi-Pajero.jpg 

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."