•  
Advertise here

Good brand for piston rings and inlet valve

I am in process of fixing the Pajero engine and ordered all available OEM parts from Habtoor.

Stuck with last two items, so went online and sourced with two different website and both of them returned with 60 days wait time. Initially they accepted the order by saying 7-10 days delivery and later changed to 2 months delay :-(.

Is there any "GOOD QUALITY" aftermarket brand equivalent to OEM or even better that I can consider for these?

• MD135481 Inlet Valves

• MD330571 Piston Ring 0.5 size

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Sorry don't think anyone is that much of a Pajero expert here I suggest do your own online research. Many OEM parts are also sold under their own brand names. So identify and look them up also this is not going to be easy for parts that are used rarely like piston rings. 

• Like (+1) 1

I dont mean for Pajero specific anyways, I meant for good quality aftermarket parts maker brand so that I can do the research by myself.

Ebay and Amazon has tons of companies from DNZ, Mahle, Hastings, NPR, TP, Federal Mogul etc. but it would be nice to know if anyone has ever used or heard of some good brands here?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Barry said:

For standard non performance rebuilds I use Mahle almost exclusively if I can’t get OEM stuff. Never had a single problem. Federal Mogul is decent stuff too. 

And for performance builds, which brand you prefer?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

And for performance builds, which brand you prefer?

Depends on the engine and and intended application. But for your pajero, it’s not worth spending loads of money unless you’re planning on doing something crazy like forced induction later on. Standard rings and valves are more than good enough. 

I read something a while ago that there is a stroker kit that will take the 3.5 to a 3.8 without a cylinder rebore. I don’t remember who makes it though. Combine that with a rebore and you could have a 4.0+ litre engine using the original engine block and mounts. Totally undetectable from the outside. Will be probably cost prohibitive but something nice to dream about. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks guys for wonderful help. NPR supplies for Mitsubishi :-)

https://www.npr.co.jp/english/company/company02.html#pagetitle05

image.png

SWM31121 NPR Piston Rings Fit 94-04 Mitsubishi Diamante Montero 3.5L 3.5L SOHC DOHC 6G74

NPR-Piston-Rings-Fit-94-04-Mitsubishi-Diamante-Montero-3-5L-3-5L-SOHC-DOHC-6G74

image.png

image.png

image.png

Engine Valves - Aftermarket good company

s-l1600.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

Last line says available only in standard size so if your are going oversize doubt they will fit

In further description it says for oversize, ask before ordering so I sent the email and waiting for there reply.

• Like (+1) 1