•  
Advertise here

Worlds Fastest Tractor which looks awesome!

Jeh

worlds_fastest_tractor_-_lead.jpg?itok=3

_dsc3080.jpg?itok=v7z-RKN5

15_tractor.jpg?itok=hBpHdfFJ

23_tractor.jpg?itok=M6ePdnII

What’s so refreshing and exciting about spending time with Fastrac Two is not just the machine itself, but also meeting the engineers who arrive with it, who designed it, who put it together and who run it. JCB has put a small, talented and young team in charge of the project in a similar fashion to the way Lamborghini put brilliant young engineers, designers and test drivers in charge of developing the Miura. And beyond the headlines and the JCBWFT hashtags and the TV programme and even the record itself, their experience matters most. Because although JCB knows that creating the world’s fastest tractor has benefit to it as a marketing tool, it also has massive merit as a technical exercise, and in the world of agricultural and construction equipment, engineering counts for more than styling, marketing or advertising.

So here’s to a five-star speed record, a five-star machine and its five-star engineers. If you want to do 150mph in a tractor, there’s nobody we’d trust more.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/christmas-road-test-worlds-fastest-tractor?utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=Enews_bulletin&utm_content=ACAR ENews Christmas Bulletin - SUBS AD V5 (26.12.2019)::hero_readmore&utm_source=20191226

• Like (+1) 3

I've driven a few of the original Fastracs when I worked in a JCB dealer. Doing 60 MPH in a tractor is pretty unsettling, I can't imagine what 150 would feel like.

The original high speed test for the Fastrac 2 was done by TV star and IOM TT racer Guy Martin. He has recently been in a lot of trouble in the UK for license issues. Apparently he got a fake driving license in Ireland, then got it transferred to a genuine UK license. Whole big hoo has about it at the minute. 

There used to be a loophole with these in the UK. To drive a lorry and low loader trailer you have to be 21 but you can drive a tractor and trailer at 16 without doing a test. So there was 16 year old redneck farmers legally driving round pulling 20-30 tonnes with essentially no license. I think the loophole has been closed now but it was a pretty crazy thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2