•  
Advertise here

Automatic accident alert system from 2021 for all new cars

adil

All new car will be mandatory to have ecall system to alert nearest emergency center from 2021. This seem very helpful and intelligent to auto-notify the authorities, maybe on next version poor guys like us using older cars can get this system installed for our safety too. Anyone knows how here many percent of uae cars are older than 3 years?

https://gulfnews.com/uae/all-uae-cars-to-get-automatic-accident-alert-system-from-2021-1.68645989

• Like (+1) 3

Maybe to notify family as a preset number with location could be good move too after informing the authorities.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I don't know what GM Onstar is like now but when I first saw it on the Vectra Cs it was unreliable.

This is a good idea and a bad idea at the same time. It's a good idea if you're upside down bleeding to death ad can't call for help. it's a bad idea if the system is faulty and keeps calling the cops to your house or calls an ambulance if you clip a wall in the parking lot.

How long before the system is used to track your every movement? Or automatically issue fines for traffic violations?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Barry said:

How long before the system is used to track your every movement? Or automatically issue fines for traffic violations?

There was a rumor few years back that AD red rose new plates have a chip that monitor your every move and issue you a ticket instantly. Thank god it was just a rumor that someone spread it, hope anyone rem that here.

• WOW (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Barry said:

I don't know what GM Onstar is like now but when I first saw it on the Vectra Cs it was unreliable.

This is a good idea and a bad idea at the same time. It's a good idea if you're upside down bleeding to death ad can't call for help. it's a bad idea if the system is faulty and keeps calling the cops to your house or calls an ambulance if you clip a wall in the parking lot.

First part is very good like this have had friends who have used it and survived due to it, hit a moose....

But everything that can monitor where you are and listen of course it can be used for bad things, Just read the book Nineteen Eighty-Four: A Novel by George Orwell..... That book can make anyone scared.....

• Like (+1) 2