•  

Intermediate Drive - Maleha to Fayah - 3 Jan 2020

Javier M

Trip report.

We all met on time at the designated meeting point, we moved sharply at 7:00 to the deflation point. We started directly at a good pace to the technical dunes doing a quick summary of the basics since we started where the newbies start but at a much more fast pace. We moved quickly to Faya with just some minor refusals.

It was nice to find Faya just for ourselves where we did a climb contest. After that, we found a tree nearby to have breakfast. Thank you @Rahimdad for the Paratas.  

Once we finished with our food we played around Faya and that's where the fun started, @Shamil was stuck in a tricky spot so it took us about 40 minutes to recover him, thanks to @Emmanuel for his sweep, this helped us to refresh our memory on the basics on shoveling.

After that, we started to move towards fossil rock and I hit a bush and my tired popped out. After putting it back in and inflated we continued to move towards Fossil Rock where we had our last peace of fun at the back of Fossil Rock where the Xterras were no match to the Jeep as they had some issues climbing the dunes. By this time it was 11:40 so we decided to exit. 

We started and finished on time and I hope everyone liked my first lead. 

Thank you everyone and I will see you on the next one. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 6

Well done @Javier M for your first lead and from the video it definitely look an awesome drive you guys had. Looking forward to drive behind you soon for a new taste of lead.

@Shamil love your video and editing skills, you are getting better and better with these drive videos. keep it up.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

36 minutes ago, Javier M said:

the Xterras were no match to the Jeep

🤣🤣 both me and @Emmanuel had our tires at higher PSI and we were too lazy to further deflate just before exiting. Next time!

29 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

@Shamil love your video and editing skills, you are getting better and better with these drive videos. keep it up.

thank you @Gauravbhai, im using a cheap action cam and a free app so their watermarks are all over the video which i am not too happy about. My aim is to have a clean 'watermark free' video eventually for which I will have to upgrade to a gopro.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Shamil said:

🤣🤣 both me and @Emmanuel had our tires at higher PSI and we were too lazy to further deflate just before exiting. Next time!

From all the thousand words of trip report, u just pick on 8 words. Means someone was really hurt......!

• Haha (+1) 7

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use