•  
Advertise here

Recovering cars without tow points

I agree Rahimdad on steering left and right being less effective on rear wheel drive cars, but majority of sedan cars are FWD and only handful are RWD, specially like sports or high end models.

I written these steps to help everyone around and not only specific to Mustang case.

Btw, super worst case scenario I didnt mentioned as it need specialize eye and patience, to tie the tow rope on axle and loop as a bridle. Its too tiring but sure shot way to recover with gentle pulls and not just one tug.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

16 hours ago, Gaurav said:

I agree Rahimdad on steering left and right being less effective on rear wheel drive cars, but majority of sedan cars are FWD and only handful are RWD, specially like sports or high end models.

I written these steps to help everyone around and not only specific to Mustang case.

Btw, super worst case scenario I didnt mentioned as it need specialize eye and patience, to tie the tow rope on axle and loop as a bridle. Its too tiring but sure shot way to recover with gentle pulls and not just one tug.

This i surely want to learn . Hopefully will see pajero soon in action . 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, AKR said:

This i surely want to learn . Hopefully will see pajero soon in action . 

Hopefully next Friday, I'm in.

Happy to show you all but with a big disclaimer to do it at your own risk.

@AKR hope you rem why I left your jeep once I realized there is no rear tow hook? Your mind will justify that action next week.

@sertac I think I have recovered your Cherokee with bridle on axle and chassis once or was it another black cherokee guy who drove with us  briefly. 

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

24 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Hopefully next Friday, I'm in.

Happy to show you all but with a big disclaimer to do it at your own risk.

@AKR hope you rem why I left your jeep once I realized there is no rear tow hook? Your mind will justify that action next week.

@sertac I think I have recovered your Cherokee with bridle on axle and chassis once or was it another black cherokee guy who drove with us  briefly. 

Guarav it wasn't me. When i got stuck once we discovered i don`t have any tow point at back. Even tough the my back heavy we pull the car from front to recover. 

Once i pull a Lexus from its back rim to take him out with very very gentle move. 

• Like (+1) 2

Or how bout you just leave the stupid idiots who thought they could cross soft sand in their sedans.

P.S : FWD perform better in sand than RWD because all the weight is on the front wheels so better traction plus easier to pull weight than push weight in sand.

Don't ask me how I know!

P.S : Unless buried up to it's chassis a FWD will usually self recover in a flat patch. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3