•  
Advertise here

What was the cheapest car you have ever owned?

adil

12 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

My first car was my cheapest. Honda Civic 1991 DX. Bought it in 1994 at AED23000, besides normal wear and tear like brakes and oil and filter change, just had to replace the fuel pump. This costed me AED 75 as I did it myself, just had to buy the part. After 4 years sold it at AED 15000 which I think was a fair deal.

You mean to say your Disco and Pathfinder both cost more than 23,000!

• Like (+1) 1

A Volvo of course! A crappy old blue volvo 740 GL free but needed a service.

had it for 2 years, sold it for 5000aed when it had run more than 250000km :D

Always started and ran great!

volvo.jpg

• WOW (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Per A said:

volvo.jpg

Aaah the good old Swedish tanks !!! Love them. They were indistructable !

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Aaah the good old Swedish tanks !!! Love them. They were indistructable !

What do you mean "where", many still out there and the old B20 engine will run forever, oil and coolant optional :D 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

The cheapest ride i have owned till date is the truck i currently own - my dearly beloved Xterra which i picked up last year for about 25k. All purchases prior to that (pajero SWB 2002, Pajero LWB 2009, VW tiguan 2011) were more in comparison.

• WOW (+2) 2

3 hours ago, Per A said:

volvo.jpg

My first car was almost a Volvo. Was getting one for 2k

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Per A said:

Whats "almost a Volvo" A Saab???? :D 

For some reasons I never liked Saab. Their styling puts me off. Almost means I went, had a look, drove it, but since this was going to be my first car and that too with my own money I hesitated in doing the deal which turned out to be good thing as I found a much better civic shortly afterwards

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, desertdude said:

You mean to say your Disco and Pathfinder both cost more than 23,000!

I bought the Disco for AED 7500. Had to change the engine for about AED 4500 and gear for AED 900 besides having to change the engine and gear mounts for about AED 250 a couple of times and replaced all the seals twice before giving up on all the leaks. Besides that had to change the fuel tank once and fuel pump. Overall over 5 years I had it I spent about AED 15 k and got back only AED 4500 when I sold it. So cost me over 10500 over a 5 year ownership. Compared to the Civic where I spent AED 23075 and sold for 15k so cost me AED 8075 over 5 years.

I bought the Pathy for AED 10k spent AED 4k recently for engine, gear is already a question mark now which should cost me another AED 2k and other bushing and stuff where I've spent over AED 8k including AC rebuild cost. So already way over AED 20k spent and haven't tried selling it yet. But I doubt I'll be able to sell it anywhere close to AED 20k to beat the Civic of the old.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

I bought the Disco for AED 7500. Had to change the engine for about AED 4500 and gear for AED 900 besides having to change the engine and gear mounts for about AED 250 a couple of times and replaced all the seals twice before giving up on all the leaks. Besides that had to change the fuel tank once and fuel pump. Overall over 5 years I had it I spent about AED 15 k and got back only AED 4500 when I sold it. So cost me over 10500 over a 5 year ownership. Compared to the Civic where I spent AED 23075 and sold for 15k so cost me AED 8075 over 5 years.

I bought the Pathy for AED 10k spent AED 4k recently for engine, gear is already a question mark now which should cost me another AED 2k and other bushing and stuff where I've spent over AED 8k including AC rebuild cost. So already way over AED 20k spent and haven't tried selling it yet. But I doubt I'll be able to sell it anywhere close to AED 20k to beat the Civic of the old.

It's a good thing I don't bog myself with stuff like that other wise I would have never moved up from a bicycle!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1