•  
Advertise here

What's your car plan in 2020?

Gaurav

7 hours ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Hello Lads! Haven't been very active since last year of uni and assignments are absolutely killing :(

Big Plans for the Pajero this Year, half of which are already underway!

1. Full Interior Overhaul, Racing Seats and Audio system etc. 

2. Engine Rebuild with a new Camshaft Profile and Lighter Pistons

3. Sprintex Supercharger Coming Up!

4. First +2 Long Travel Kit in the World for a Pajero w Dual Shocks  :D

5. Widebody Fenders for the LT Kit

Thats all for now! 

Looking forward to see your car.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 1/15/2020 at 11:43 AM, Rahimdad said:

You can try cheaper second hand tires from the second-hand tire market in Sharjah and get a feel before investing in more expensive options.

Is there a specific location for this second hand tire market? I tried to google it and bumped against several shops. If you have a recommendation, I would like to pass by. It makes the transition smoother to go to my 17" wheels.

Fred asked me at the drive why I would like to change my wheels. Maybe interesting to share my thoughts here.

My current set up is a lift kit with reservoirs, 18" ET55, 30mm spacers, 285/60 tires. (ET60 is stock on the LC200) 

To start, when I have to change my tires, I would like to go to A/T. A/T's for 18" wheels with the width and aspect ratios for my setup are rare and expensive. I am not a daily driver, so I could oversee the expenses for the tires, but I am more thinking if I go one day overlanding. 
In a situation where you punctured your tire and would like to change your tire somewhere, and you finally found a tire shop in a remote area, the chances are rare that you will find a tire with that width and aspect ratio. To continue your journey with a reserve wheel that has a different size now, leaves an uncomfortable feeling for the rest of journey.

A/T's for 17" are much more common and available in our region. So also cheaper, half the price per tire. The initial investment is more expensive (changing the wheels) but on the long term I would gain profit from it.

The other benefit I gain with changing the wheels, is that I can choose my desired offset, so I can get rid of my spacers. Less parts, less problems. I will go with 20ET or 0ET. This means that my wheels will stick out 4 / 6 cm outwards. Due to this, I will have to trim some plastic, otherwise my tires will rub.

The tires I will choose are 285/70's. It gives a little bit more ground clearance (just a bit), but when I deflate these tires, the offset keeps my tires clear of my reservoirs.

Edited by Xaf
More info
  • Like (+1) 2

@Xaf coming from Dubai to Sharjah keeping Sahara Centre on your right cross the first signal and Walla you will see a lot of tire shops with used rims and tires. They are all Iranians so just be careful and inspect a few tire shops and prices to go ahead with your purchase.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Xaf said:

Is there a specific location for this second hand tire market? I tried to google it and bumped against several shops. If you have a recommendation, I would like to pass by. It makes the transition smoother to go to my 17" wheels.

Fred asked me at the drive why I would like to change my wheels. Maybe interesting to share my thoughts here.

My current set up is a lift kit with reservoirs, 18" ET55, 30mm spacers, 285/60 tires. (ET60 is stock on the LC200) 

To start, when I have to change my tires, I would like to go to A/T. A/T's for 18" wheels with the width and aspect ratios for my setup are rare and expensive. I am not a daily driver, so I could oversee the expenses for the tires, but I am more thinking if I go one day overlanding. 
In a situation where you punctured your tire and would like to change your tire somewhere, and you finally found a tire shop in a remote area, the chances are rare that you will find a tire with that width and aspect ratio. To continue your journey with a reserve wheel that has a different size now, leaves an uncomfortable feeling for the rest of journey.

A/T's for 17" are much more common and available in our region. So also cheaper, half the price per tire. The initial investment is more expensive (changing the wheels) but on the long term I would gain profit from it.

The other benefit I gain with changing the wheels, is that I can choose my desired offset, so I can get rid of my spacers. Less parts, less problems. I will go with 20ET or 0ET. This means that my wheels will stick out 4 / 6 cm outwards. Due to this, I will have to trim some plastic, otherwise my tires will rub.

The tires I will choose are 285/70's. It gives a little bit more ground clearance (just a bit), but when I deflate these tires, the offset keeps my tires clear of my reservoirs.

I will talk once to my neighbor, who has a LC200 and experienced offroader and overlander. Will keep you posted.

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."