•  

Newbie/Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - 17 Jan 2020

Srikumar

Al Qudra Desert is one of the best area to enjoy the desert driving with many natural beauty and landscape for a perfect morning drive. Al Qudra Desert is filled with hundreds of birds species to gazelles, oryx and camels. This area is famous for its white sand and offers a good mix of playable dunes and technical dunes to test your off-road control.

All first timer absolute newbie drivers will receive a detailed briefing before the drive starts to learn the basics of desert driving, techniques and etiquette. They will also receive the safety advise, recovery procedures, best practice and debunking the myth of desert driving. Newbie briefing will end with an individual advice on your 4x4 vehicle gearing, tire pressure, traction control and SRS options to enjoy your first desert drive thoroughly and safely.

Depending on the convoy level and participation, we might have a quick fewbie level drive after the newbie drive.

Qudra drive.jpg

Level : Absolute Newbie, Newbies and above (All level)

When: 17 January 2020

Meeting time: 6:45 AM, convoy will move at sharp 7:00 AM

Meeting Point

Near Emirates NBD - ADNOC Last Exist Al Qudra Al Lisaili - Al Qudra Rd - Dubai
https://goo.gl/maps/kq8sT5a6ZGuJR67V8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 12:00 PM

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 12:00 PM

MUST READ: 

Please RSVP the below calendar event

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Shamil said:

ill most probably have to sit this one out as i have an office picnic to attend 😞

Enjoy your office picnic buddy, we will miss you. See you next week.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Looking forward to this one. Last few days in Dubai reminded me of being back home .... lots of water with no idea how deep or what's waiting beneath. Been quite scary seeing the speed people have been ploughing into the puddles (and wondering why someone driving a Ferrarri thinks it has the ground clearance to get through knee high water). 

Will be happy to be back on dry land/sand. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Hi,

I am new to this club // might be very obvious haha..

Would it be okay to join in with an Range Rover Sports ? I believe, i need to purchase some extra accessories?

- Engine serviced // no check lights

- suspension all ok

- gotta check tow points

- no previous experience of off-roading while being in driving seat

- willing to learn but not sure my ride is the one that should be used for beginners level.

- tires are low profile // not special off road tires. but new.

Any guidance would be lot appreciated.

Edited by Obaid.Sultan.1987
adding details
  • Like (+1) 3

Hi @Obaid.Sultan.1987 Welcome to Carnity Off-road Club. 

To answer your query Range Rover Sports is not an ideal off-roader, unlike Range Rover Vogue due to low hanging bumper and low profile oversize tires. RR Sports is more aimed for on-road performance rather than for off-road.. But being a Range Rover they are borderline acceptable for newbie level drives.

If this car is too special or precious for you, I wouldn't advise you to take a chance due to its low clearance and thin tires. If this is the second or third car in your household and you guys are done with its on-road use and wish to test its off-road character, then you can join the drive. We will still double-check everything before the drive like low gearing, sand mode response, max suspension height, tow hook etc.

• Like (+1) 5

@Srikumar, thanks for the detailed info.

This is second car in my household, I have another one... I bought it like 2 months ago & thinking to give it a try on the beginner level... Just to share, its 2009 UK Specs.

Sounds cool, the pros can help to double the low gearing & sand mode on spot .. for the max suspension height & tow hook, ill check those myself by tomorrow & revert back ...

thank you !

• Like (+1) 3

Please raise the height and check precisely how many inches of ground clearance you have under the front and rear bumper.

Also I hope UK spec does come with low gearing option and not full time AWD.

If you have the manual read it through for offroad section and carry it along too.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Tbone welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your vehicle details and experience.

Please make sure that your H3 is well serviced and front and rear tow hooks are in good shape. Hummer H3 is very good for offroading, once you learn the basics then you will enjoy more in pushing to its limits.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use