•  

Newbie/Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - 17 Jan 2020

Srikumar

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Hi @Tbone welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your vehicle details and experience.

Please make sure that your H3 is well serviced and front and rear tow hooks are in good shape. Hummer H3 is very good for offroading, once you learn the basics then you will enjoy more in pushing to its limits.

Not if it's the one with the 5cyl engines

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Not if it's the one with the 5cyl engines

I think GCC only had 5 cyl model in H3.

2005 -2005 - 3.5 liter - 220 hp

2007 -2010 - 3.7 liter - 240 hp

Both are capable offroaders with good offroad stance, clearance and reasonable power/weight ratio.

If he has offroad package then he will also have underbody protection with front and rear diff even.

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Edward Davies welcome to Carnity Off-road Club. Could you provide some more details about your ride?

1. Which 4x4 do you drive?

2. Have you had any previous offroading experience?

3. Does your 4x4 have both front and rear recovery points?

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gaurav said:

I think GCC only had 5 cyl model in H3.

2005 -2005 - 3.5 liter - 220 hp

2007 -2010 - 3.7 liter - 240 hp

Both are capable offroaders with good offroad stance, clearance and reasonable power/weight ratio.

If he has offroad package then he will also have underbody protection with front and rear diff even.

Towards the end of my service our company got a H3 5cyl it was alright, nothing special. Biggest issue was visibility with it's tiny windscreen and windows like portholes on the side of a boat

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

Towards the end of my service our company got a H3 5cyl it was alright, nothing special. Biggest issue was visibility with it's tiny windscreen and windows like portholes on the side of a boat

Well if H3 loaded with 5 people did ok for desert safari, then with 1 person it should rock.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

28 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Well if H3 loaded with 5 people did ok for desert safari, then with 1 person it should rock.

No for this reason we actually never used it for Safari. It was just to visit the camps and admin work in the desert for the mangers and staff. Even though we got upgraded suspension from Liberty Motorsports.

I did get my hands on it a few times to try it out. 

Only time I had 5 people in it off road was when my Land Cruiser lost its transmission in the camp so I switched cars with the manager who happened to be there. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Gaurav Good evening, hope all is well...

I've checked the ground clearance under front and rear bumper today.

Followed below steps:

1- Raised the RRS to maximum height.

2- Measured the distance between road & lowest point on the bumper front side - 12"

3- Measured the distance between road & lowest point on the bumper back side - 15"

4- Measured the distance between road & right side foot board - 12"

Also, about the low gearing option, if i am not wrong, does it mean if i can shift from "D" mode to Manual Gear shift as per requirement. Yes, I have the possibility to Go to Manual Transmission mode. 

Does it clear the first two requirements? Your Pro Advice would be great. :)

I will look for the tow points in front // found one on the back side though but its very close to bumper. Will share pics by tomorrow , will take them in morning light.

Cheers !

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use