•  

Newbie/Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - 17 Jan 2020

Srikumar

Srikumar

I have done some off-roading but not in the desert yet. Looking forward to the drive. 

Details of my ride.

2017 Mutsubishi Montero Sport, Full 4WD with 2 front tow hooks a rear class 3 receiver on rear with D shackle.

Still looking for the following equipment.

• One soft shackle-so far I have not been able to force myself to pay 150 for a piece of rope :)
  • Base plate for jacking vehicle - A solid piece of wood - not sure where to get this. 

I already have the following

• Kinetic recovery rope
  • Two Rated D shackle
  • 2T trolley Jack. 
  • Tyre deflator - 
  • Shovel 
  • Spare tyre in good shape 
  • Air compressor - 130l/min
  • Mechanical tools 
  • Fire extinguisher (Dry Powder) 
  • Flag pole including flag 
  • Communication device (Walkie-talkie) 

See y'all tomorrow.

Seldon

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

@Lucky sAm, @Obaid.Sultan.1987, @Rizwanm2, @Edward Davies, @Incognitoes, @Amit0103, @Mahmoud Hamzawy, @Seldon @Matti Brockman, if you do have your own two way radios please bring them along, we can set them up to Carnity frequency after the briefing. If you dont have, we carry spare radios which we can provide for the drive.

Its important that everyone is on time at the meeting point, i.e., 6:45 AM as the convoy will move sharp at 7:00 AM

On 1/16/2020 at 12:16 PM, Seldon said:

Srikumar

I have done some off-roading but not in the desert yet. Looking forward to the drive. 

Details of my ride.

2017 Mutsubishi Montero Sport, Full 4WD with 2 front tow hooks a rear class 3 receiver on rear with D shackle.

Still looking for the following equipment.

• One soft shackle-so far I have not been able to force myself to pay 150 for a piece of rope :)
  • Base plate for jacking vehicle - A solid piece of wood - not sure where to get this. 

I already have the following

• Kinetic recovery rope
  • Two Rated D shackle
  • 2T trolley Jack. 
  • Tyre deflator - 
  • Shovel 
  • Spare tyre in good shape 
  • Air compressor - 130l/min
  • Mechanical tools 
  • Fire extinguisher (Dry Powder) 
  • Flag pole including flag 
  • Communication device (Walkie-talkie) 

See y'all tomorrow.

Seldon

Thank you Seldon for the details, you are already well equipped for the newbie drive. Regarding the base plate for the jack, its not an urgent requirement and we have few experienced guys who can guide you where to get them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Hey guys,

I am completely new to off-roading, but extremely excited to start as well. Because i study abroad, i never had the chance to go while there was an event happening here. I drive a 2007 Hummer H3. Serviced, all the tow hooks are in working order, including the diff locks and low range gearbox. I will be joining in the morning, looking forward to meeting all of you.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, IMAMP said:

Hi...Still possible to join tomorrow event? I am interested

Yes. Signup for the drive and also let us know which car you drive, do you have front and rear tow hooks in good condition and any previous offroading experience.

• Like (+1) 1

@Shareef Al Romaithi, @Kavindu Avanka, @alifaruqi, @Vic, @Tbone Welcome to Carnity offroad club.

Please RSVP the drive calendar if you guys are joining for tomorrow's Qudra drive.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Rizwanm2 said:

@Srikumar I bought a motorolla Walkie-talkie last week. will bring it along, just need to setup 

Thanks. 

Well done, you can set it up to 462887 frequency with below step by step article.

Anyone has a radio (walkie talkie) please set it up too, if not we will provide the spare radio for tomorrow's drive.

1 hour ago, Joe Biju Joseph said:

Hey guys,

I am completely new to off-roading, but extremely excited to start as well. Because i study abroad, i never had the chance to go while there was an event happening here. I drive a 2007 Hummer H3. Serviced, all the tow hooks are in working order, including the diff locks and low range gearbox. I will be joining in the morning, looking forward to meeting all of you.

You are most welcome Joe, what a nice coincidence that we also have another newbie with H3 for tomo drive.

So now we will see who is a better driver as H3 will be the common denominator, lol.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Obaid.Sultan.1987 said:

@Gaurav Good Morning, I checked the tow hooks yesterday, you were absolutely right about the plastic covers, front back both need to be removed to expose both "tow hooks".. I plan to remove them at night before the drive...

About the low gear option working // still not checked... however, ill check and report back soon. 

Cheers!

Well done Obaid, please make sure you remove those plastic cover before the drive as sometimes they are easy to remove and sometimes they need few tools and patience.

Appreciate if you can come to meeting point little early by 6:30, so that I can spend sometime in checking your car before the drive without delaying the whole convoy.

You can call me once you reach the meeting point: 050 5258706

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Well done, you can set it up to 462887 frequency with below step by step article.

Anyone has a radio (walkie talkie) please set it up too, if not we will provide the spare radio for tomorrow's drive.

You are most welcome Joe, what a nice coincidence that we also have another newbie with H3 for tomo drive.

So now we will see who is a better driver as H3 will be the common denominator, lol.

It will look like a  military convoy with 2 hummvees in it...so far 22 strong ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use