•  
Advertise here

Accord Headliner Sagged

@Gaurav the prices 600 and 250 are for full new replacement jobs; so it’s same.

I visited a shop today in Karama who showed me the nee cloth sample similar to what my car has and asking for aed 600/- with 5 years gaurantee.

I shall visit tomorrow the guy in Sharjah who offered aed 250/- for the similar job. Let’s see if he has the cloth same to my car.

I prefer same cloth because my sun wiser has same cloth on it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I visited shops in Sharjah today and none of them gives any guarantee.

1. Newyork Auto Upholstery Al Khan Road offer aed250/- for the job but the cloth he showed wasn’t of good quality. He said it could stay 2-3 years.

2. Alwan Auto Accessories and Upholstery said they shall charge aed500/- but put a nice quality cloth. Unfortunately, I couldn’t see samples as the shop was under renovation but they confirmed they won’t use cheap Chinese cloth and claimed that none of their came back with issues.

3. Al Khaskha Auto Seats Upholstery offered good cloth in aed500/- but the cloth sample wasn’t of same texture.

• Like (+1) 2

Whatever you choose go with the one offering the maximum guarantee. No brainer.

Why should you TRUST there words and empty promises when they cant Trust their own workmanship.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

It's not the cloth it's the adhesive. And they all pretty much use the same. Bison kit carpet glue which comes in a can.

It's an easy one day job. I'd go for the 250 guy even if it lasts 3 years and you have to do it again still outlasts the warranty of the other guy and is still cheaper.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Confused (0) 1

@desertdude that’s exactly what I had in my mind until yesterday but got more clarity today when I visited 3 shops.

250/- guy isn’t giving 3 yrs warranty and he just said it could stay this long. If it was the same cloth as of 600/- guy, I would have definitely selected him for the job. But his cloth sample was very cheap quality and so thin that from cloth side you could see through the foam. 
The cloth 600/- guy showed to me was same to my company installed cloth in color and texture

• Like (+1) 1

Fabric may look same but it has lot of difference as the foam or the rough area at back is the secret to hold the glue. And not just the glue or the application. Thing that fails in UAE heat is the foam behind the fabric and not just glue alone.

I'd go with 5 year warranty guy if you intend to keep the car for a long time, as you also need to factor the downtime and inconvenience of leaving the car for few days and not alone the cost.

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Speak to Yahya in top leather 0506555429. I have used him many times and his work has always been perfect. Even if it costs more. 

I would avoid al khaskha. I used them once for a classic Mercedes interior. They lost half the parts. It took me 4 trips to Sharjah to try to get the stuff back and I had to search the shop myself to find them. In the end I didn’t even get everything and had to order new parts from Germany. 

• WOW (+2) 1