•  
Advertise here

Pajero tire and rims downsize

39 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Not needed if he downsizes from 18 inch to 17 inch for the 3.8 Pajero. Anything below the front brakes would obstruct.

Capture.JPG.85ef1f1543f1c053d166ccf644539cf8.JPG

Following will need to match when buying aftermarket rims:

* Bolt pattern: this is the diameter of an imaginary circle drawn through the centre of the bolt holes. PCD is measured  in mm. 4x400 means the wheel has 4 bolt holes and and diameter of imaginary circle through these holes is 100mm. 

* Type of Rim: 7.5 x 17 means 7,5 inch width x 17 inch diameter. ET46 means a positive wheel offset of 46mm. Lower offset values will make the wheels stick out more.

If buying secondhand be careful that the rims are not bent, and they should be balanced properly.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

28 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Capture.JPG.85ef1f1543f1c053d166ccf644539cf8.JPG

Following will need to match when buying aftermarket rims:

* Bolt pattern: this is the diameter of an imaginary circle drawn through the centre of the bolt holes. PCD is measured  in mm. 4x400 means the wheel has 4 bolt holes and and diameter of imaginary circle through these holes is 100mm. 

* Type of Rim: 7.5 x 17 means 7,5 inch width x 17 inch diameter. ET46 means a positive wheel offset of 46mm. Lower offset values will make the wheels stick out more.

If buying secondhand be careful that the rims are not bent, and they should be balanced properly.

Thanks for all the info, not looking for "aftermarket" i want the same style i got but only 17 instead of 18 so there is more rubber

Not shure if they come in 17 cause i can only find 18 have the thin spoked alu look.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

Not needed if he downsizes from 18 inch to 17 inch for the 3.8 Pajero. Anything below the front brakes would obstruct.

actually @Roshan Abraham downsized from 18 to 17 but because of the bigger tires and rim offset, his tires were constantly hitting the fenders. he then got it lifted to solve the problem

2 minutes ago, Shamil said:

actually @Roshan Abraham downsized from 18 to 17 but because of the bigger tires and rim offset, his tires were constantly hitting the fenders. he then got it lifted to solve the problem

oooh good to check. but if i have 265/60/18 and go to 265/65/17 with original rims it shouldn't be an issue as the offset and circumference is about the same.... 

2 hours ago, Per A said:

Anyone have a clue if a pair of 275/65/17 will fit without rubbing?? or is a lift needed for that?

I think that's the tire size of @Roshan Abraham. Roshan can you share your experience?

• Like (+1) 1