•  
Advertise here

Upgraded horns for Indian market

Barry

2 hours ago, DiamondDallas said:

Not only Bebsi Bhai till now for Karak its important to HONK

I wonder if Planes Honk at each other if they are close enough or Tail Gating !

I have seen Trains and Ships blowing that Loud HONK at each other.

Mid air collisions among planes have happened but now they are equipped with TCAS Traffic Collision Avoidence System.

Rules state a minimum distance of speration horizontally and vertically between planes and ATC does a good job of doing that. Between ATC ( air traffic control ) and TCAS it's pretty hard for planes to bump into each other but there still close calls do happen as in minimum distance which is if I remember correctly is 1 mile vertically and 5 miles horizontally is breached. Not tail gating with feet to spare

Just a few days back I read minimum distance between two commerical liners was breached

Although ships sometimes do end up honking at each other

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, desertdude said:

Mid air collisions among planes have happened but now they are equipped with TCAS Traffic Collision Avoidence System.

Rules state a minimum distance of speration horizontally and vertically between planes and ATC does a good job of doing that. Between ATC ( air traffic control ) and TCAS it's pretty hard for planes to bump into each other but there still close calls do happen as in minimum distance which is if I remember correctly is 1 mile vertically and 5 miles horizontally is breached. Not tail gating with feet to spare

Just a few days back I read minimum distance between two commerical liners was breached

Although ships sometimes do end up honking at each other

Good understanding of the basics. The horizontal and vertical separation depends on which airspace and rules you are flying.

We don't honk, but we can flash to each other with lights (just to say hello), or just say hi on the radio. (not professional, but we do have a reserved frequency if we want to pass a message)

5 hours ago, DiamondDallas said:

Not only Bebsi Bhai till now for Karak its important to HONK

I wonder if Planes Honk at each other if they are close enough or Tail Gating !

I have seen Trains and Ships blowing that Loud HONK at each other.

When planes are catching up with a plane that is flying in front of her, we negotiate another speed/ flight level via radio.

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

19 hours ago, Xaf said:

Good understanding of the basics. The horizontal and vertical separation depends on which airspace and rules you are flying.

We don't honk, but we can flash to each other with lights (just to say hello), or just say hi on the radio. (not professional, but we do have a reserved frequency if we want to pass a message)

When planes are catching up with a plane that is flying in front of her, we negotiate another speed/ flight level via radio.

Yeah, I try to be as reaslitic in my armchair piloting as I can while flying my 777-800ER ( in my flight sim of course :) )

Another thing I failed to mention is wake turbulence specially of the heavies so speration is critical.

btw any good (free) source of latest airport charts with SIDS and STARS specially for OMDB and also a detailed tutorial of how to program the 777 FMC I think I've got the grasp of pretty much 80% of it. I can program the route, set performance, Vref speeds, Des forecast, takeoff performance etc etc but there are still many thing I don't understand and the manual that came with it isn't detailed enough.

• Like (+1) 2

The important thing is to get the nose gear off the ground successfully. The rest of the aircraft follows automatically. That's the theory at least, but as I was building hours learning to fly real aircraft, it soon became clear that if you screw up while getting the nose into the air, the rest of the aircraft tends to follow the nose gear into the ground. Funny thing though, the more experience I gained, the more attention I paid to keeping the noise pointing upward during departures- just to keep the rest of the aircraft following the nose downward.

Edited by treks
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, treks said:

The important thing is to get the nose gear off the ground successfully. The rest of the aircraft follows automatically. That's the theory at least, but as I was building hours learning to fly real aircraft, it soon became clear that if you screw up while getting the nose into the air, the rest of the aircraft tends to follow the nose gear into the ground. Funny thing though, the more experience I gained, the more attention I paid to keeping the noise pointing upward during departures- just to keep the rest of the aircraft following the nose downward.

AFAIK and this is all theoretical knowledge as I've never been in the pilots chair even on one of those full fledged simulators ( would love to though)  some aircraft will almost rotate on their own and have a hard time keeping their nose down one they reach V1.

Some even have to keep the yoke pushed forward a bit while on take off roll to keep it planted until the right time.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, desertdude said:

AFAIK and this is all theoretical knowledge as I've never been in the pilots chair even on one of those full fledged simulators ( would love to though)  some aircraft will almost rotate on their own and have a hard time keeping their nose down one they reach V1.

Some even have to keep the yoke pushed forward a bit while on take off roll to keep it planted until the right time.

This is true for many small / light aircraft.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 10:48 AM, desertdude said:

Yeah, I try to be as reaslitic in my armchair piloting as I can while flying my 777-800ER ( in my flight sim of course :) )

Another thing I failed to mention is wake turbulence specially of the heavies so speration is critical.

btw any good (free) source of latest airport charts with SIDS and STARS specially for OMDB and also a detailed tutorial of how to program the 777 FMC I think I've got the grasp of pretty much 80% of it. I can program the route, set performance, Vref speeds, Des forecast, takeoff performance etc etc but there are still many thing I don't understand and the manual that came with it isn't detailed enough.

I am not into simming anymore, I am sure there are providers for this.

regarding the fmc, you have to try to find a FCOM for the 777, i am sure there are pdf’s somewhere on the net. 

You might find your answers there, you are also allowed to ask me, but lets keep it off the internet.

• Like (+1) 1