•  
Advertise here

Why are SUV's failing with all the......

Jeh

... latest technology and people planning space flights... Why do we still have miserable car launches  in this era?

15 Foreign Crossovers And SUVs That Were Built To Fall Apart..

https://www.thethings.com/foreign-crossovers-and-suvs-built-to-fall-apart/

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

If the cars will stay strong for 20 years they wont be selling this much. Old cars built to last, news are built to fail after warranty so you will need to buy new one. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

With present approach of timed spare parts and built to fail cars from almost all car manufacturers, very soon we might have an expiry dates on the cars even.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

The clue is in the title SUV - A sports utility vehicle will fall apart simply because like any other 'organism' without a true purpose in life it's simply confused and self destructs in a case of pitiable psychological confusion.

Seriously, a life spent navigating the speed humps at Union Coop and ferrying munchkins to school with the odd 'off road' adventure [driving to the lake at Al Qudra possibly], would want me to have my makers design failure ar an earlier rate!

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

This article is complete rubbish and hardly provides any detail about some of the so called issues itself. Their sources are

ars.com, caranddriver.com, usnews.com

but it looks like they generalized so much that they can't even properly describe what the issues are. 

Some examples:

Comment about the FIAT 500X: 'immensely weak when it comes to its overall structure'.

I went to the actual review on cars.com and cannot not find any complaint about that. 

Comment about the Kia Sorento:  ';as it is not the best when it comes to its handling. For that reason, one should think carefully before committing to this rather faulty vehicle' . WhatCar describes the car like this:

image.png.7828b2dfb27918c4c2809f2b54bdabd6.png

In this way i can also review cars. Looks more like a clickbait website instead of a proper car review website.

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

48 minutes ago, desertdude said:

What are timed spare parts! Lol 

I need to copyright this term too. lol.

"Timed Spare Parts" - They are timed to fail "EXACTLY" after the fixed period of time or engineer will loose the job to design them if they last any longer than their warranty period.

Prime example:

• AC Delco and Solite Batteries - 1 year and 1 month.
  • Solargard tinting - 1-2 years
  • Dunlop grandtrek - 30-40k km
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 hours ago, desertdude said:

What are timed spare parts! Lol 

Built-in obsolescence.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

I need to copyright this term too. lol.

"Timed Spare Parts" - They are timed to fail "EXACTLY" after the fixed period of time or engineer will loose the job to design them if they last any longer than their warranty period.

Prime example:

• AC Delco and Solite Batteries - 1 year and 1 month.
  • Solargard tinting - 1-2 years
  • Dunlop grandtrek - 30-40k km

That's not "timed" that's just the life expectancy of xyz. Everything has one. Cars arnt built to last forever either. 

Specially to keep production costs down and profits up in an era where most car manufacturers are struggling to stay afloat.

Unless if you are douche like Nissan who know their CVTs are faulty and yet keep producing and selling it to the public. That's a different story.

Heard a major lawsuit is on the Horizon regarding this very issue 

• Like (+1) 1