•  

Newbie Drive - Solar Park - Al Qudra Desert - 31 Jan 2020

Gaurav

Al Qudra Desert is a very good and versatile learning ground for absolute newbies for their first time desert driving thrilling experience. If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control. Drive will start with detail briefing, followed by 2-3 hours of driving in sand dunes and then break for refreshment over a feedback and assessment session for each offroader.

All first timer absolute newbie drivers will receive a detailed briefing before the drive starts to learn the basics of desert driving, techniques and etiquette. They will also receive the safety advise, recovery procedures, best practice and debunking the myth of desert driving. Newbie briefing will end with an individual advice on your 4x4 vehicle gearing, tire pressure, traction control and SRS options to enjoy your first desert drive thoroughly and safely.

solar.jpg

When: 31 January 2020, Friday

Meeting time: 6:45 AM, the convoy will move at sharp 7:00 AM

Where: Solar Park, Dubai

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/YH1SWQYNFiMjyaPW7

Level: All levels (Absolute Newbie and Newbie).

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 11:30 AM

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time:  12:00 PM - (much before Friday prayer)

Friday Prayer Mosque: The Endurance Masjid - https://goo.gl/maps/SXmkx2jntnK85DzB7

MUST READ: 

Please RSVP on the below calendar.

• Like (+1) 5

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Fantastic terrain choice and perfect for anyone interested in learning the basic off-roading skills ! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Rahimdad bhai are you joining this too? If so and time permits, I'd like to purchase the Bubba Rope + shackles please  ( sorry everyone, not sure how to use Private Message feature on this forum 😁 )

• Like (+1) 2

@Hafiz Abdul Rahman @Yash1  Welcome to Carnity Offroad !

Can you please provide the following information:

* Which 4x4 are you driving ?

* Do you have any prior offroad experience ? If so, please clarify.

* Are your vehice towpoints / recovery points in good condition ?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

@Hafiz Abdul Rahman @Yash1  Welcome to Carnity Offroad !

Can you please provide the following information:

* Which 4x4 are you driving ?

* Do you have any prior offroad experience ? If so, please clarify.

* Are your vehice towpoints / recovery points in good condition ?

Hi,

Driving a suzuki Jimny

No prior offroad experience even though I did a drive last year would prefer to start afresh

Vehicle recovery points in good condition

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Yash1 said:

Hi,

Driving a suzuki Jimny

No prior offroad experience even though I did a drive last year would prefer to start afresh

Vehicle recovery points in good condition

Congrats ! You're our first Jimny owner. Looking forward seeing it on Friday !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi Gaurav. Question: I need to be in Sweihan tomorrow, by 1:30. I cannot do the Fewbie drive 'cause Badayer is too far. But I would love to be of support to the Newbie drive (just to enjoy the desert in Qudra). If I joined, would I be able to leave max at 12:00pm (inflated)? Thanks for letting me know. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi Gaurav. Question: I need to be in Sweihan tomorrow, by 1:30. I cannot do the Fewbie drive 'cause Badayer is too far. But I would love to be of support to the Newbie drive (just to enjoy the desert in Qudra). If I joined, would I be able to leave max at 12:00pm (inflated)? Thanks for letting me know. 

Well it all depends, if you bribe the trip leader by inviting him to Sweihan buffet, then 12 (sharp) is possible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use