•  
Advertise here

AMG G63 v Suzuki Jimny v Jeep Wrangler - Up-Hill DRAG RACE

Jeh

Fun. Reminds me of hours spent mud plugging in the UK. It's very different to sand, and the tress are a real hazard to the bodywork - with a $180k car I am not surprised he used spotters to make sure that the car did not get damaged. 

I am interested to know if anyone has actually ever taken a relatively new G-Wagon off road here in the UAE (I am sure that they do, but in my short experience I never saw one yet!)

I learned my off roading in a SJ413 - probably one of the most capable (and under-rated) off road vehicles ever to hit the hills so seeing the Jimny reminded me of the fun I used to have in them. 

And the CarWow guy - he does a few Car Shows includng one where we has '7 days' to find a client their dream car within a budget. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Fun. Reminds me of hours spent mud plugging in the UK. It's very different to sand, and the tress are a real hazard to the bodywork - with a $180k car I am not surprised he used spotters to make sure that the car did not get damaged. 

I am interested to know if anyone has actually ever taken a relatively new G-Wagon off road here in the UAE (I am sure that they do, but in my short experience I never saw one yet!)

I learned my off roading in a SJ413 - probably one of the most capable (and under-rated) off road vehicles ever to hit the hills so seeing the Jimny reminded me of the fun I used to have in them. 

And the CarWow guy - he does a few Car Shows includng one where we has '7 days' to find a client their dream car within a budget. 

The first time I actually saw a BMW X5 was in the sand behind big red accompanied by a similarly new for that time G wagon.

In another defunct club one of the members ride was a G and he went every with it and no I'm not talking about Big T although he also had one.

• Like (+1) 3

I’ve had the pleasure of helping recovering a V12 AMG wagon last year in my backyard. The guy went into the sand without deflating and as soon as he got himself stuck he starting revving like a maniac and dug himself in, still thinking that he needed more POWER to get himself out. We started shoveling with a few guys and he was just standing there shouting « how can a G Wagon get stuck.... do you know how much I paid for this car »!?!

pic below is from a Gulf News Fun drive where I got a déjà vue feeling when seeing it 😄

1E654F3C-231C-4DFF-8A29-DA6EFE945F0E.jpeg.3a05841fd4efde3c36e1ef3caaf82b65.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."