•  

Hi All,

Glad to have found this club and joined it.

I have a Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 and have no off-road experience at all, apart from driving on the beach sand. :D 

Since I am an absolute newbie and I am joining for the Al Qudra - Solar Park event, it would be very helpful if somebody can clarify my below mentioned doubts;

1) Do I need to have any equipment before I join the drive? I have no off-road equipment as of now.

2) Can I use Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 for this drive?

3) Can a friend or family member accompany me during the drive?

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to have wonderful off-road driving experiences :) 

• Like (+1) 2

Welcome @Nayan Shenai to Carnity and it's off-road club.

The basic minimum requirement for Carnity offroad drive is to have a 4x4 vehicle:

• With minimum of 10-12 inches of ground clearance and 
  • Front and back tow hook in good usable condition.

Apart from that everything else can wait for your next drive. Once you join the first drive, you will be given detailed brief on how to drive off-road with all the tips and techniques. Towards the end we will also show the importance and how to use the offroad and safety gears.

After your first drive, it is advisable to buy two-way radio, shovel and flag if you like to continue off-roading.

It is usually advisable to drive alone for absolute first timer so that you can focus on learning skills and techniques without any distraction, but it's completely your choice at the end.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Welcome to Carnity  @Nayan Shenai ! 

Its nice to see you introducing yourselves before signing up. I’d recommend all absolute newbies to share a bit of information about themselves and their car so we can prepare the drive in the best way possible to make your experience worthwhile. 
See you coming Friday!

Fred 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi Nayan, indeed it's too late to dig in now, seems like you might have a threaded tow hook in front and hitch at back covered in plastic cap. Google it.

Ideally explorer have an optional tow package for offroad use, look into that option in future for stronger tow hooks as threaded ones are borderline OK and not ideal for deep stuck.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Nayan Shenai said:

So is it ok for me to come tomorrow?

Only if you have found the threaded tow hook.

Without tow hook it is not at all advisable to venture offroad for your own safety.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Only if you have found the threaded tow hook.

Without tow hook it is not at all advisable to venture offroad for your own safety.

thanks for your quick responses. i think i will opt out of this ride and prepare for the next.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use