•  
Advertise here

Prado vs Lexus GX

I Hope everyone agree Toyota Prado is highly sought after SUV in UAE. It pretty much hold the value like there is no depreciation at all. But when i go through classified sites i noticed that same age Lexus GX is almost the same price as Prado or sometimes cheaper. but if you try to buy brand new GX is at least 50% more expensive than prado.  i wonder why this expensive GX cannot hold its value like Prado even though technically its same vehicle. 🤔  any thoughts from our experts. 

disclaimer - Im not in hurry to buy a prado or GX any soon. Just browsing through classified sites during so called boring days in the office. 😁

image.png.980686169ec6d2dd050b3b33f325d4f2.png

image.png.de0e790794536ec04fa235046e40ffcb.png

• Like (+1) 1

First of all stop using dubizle to identify "fair market value" as it's highly spoiled platform for buying/selling cars due to its insanely awesome reach. It's like asking why coffee mug in Harrods cost 100 dhs in place of 10.

To do a fair apple to apple comparison do a strict benchmark for specific year and from "real owners" and not agents/dealers, as that again will give you two extreme values (Min/Max) to compare as usually dealers adds high mark-up. And in some cases when car is "PURE LEMON" they fix it for less and reverse km and sell it at dirt cheap price. So you end up getting more confuse to see 50K Prado VS 125K Prado.

Now coming to your actual question: YES Prado retains "Much Better" Value as compare to GX because:

• Prado has been in GCC since 2-3 decades vs GX - few years
  • Prado has more reliability due to less bells and whistles
  • Prado is tad cheaper in parts and service than Lexus
  • Prado is 4x4 league vs GX is luxury SUV/4x4 league
  • Every moderately successful sheep wants one Prado, so it tend to push the price up by little.

If I am in your place, I will buy GX for better luxury, styling and to be unique (most imp).

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank Gaurav bhai for the summary 

17 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

If I am in your place, I will buy GX for better luxury, styling and to be unique (most imp).

in deed even i will go for GX for the unique factor.. 👍