•  

Newbie Desert Drive - Maliha - Fossil Rock - 7 Feb 2020

Frederic

The Offroading season is in full swing, and the Carnity Team wants to deliver you an exciting morning of desert fun!

This drive is suited to all first time desert drivers. Our group of trained seniors will guide you in making this a day you won't forget. Also people who have prior offroad experience will definitely continue to learn and embrace our Carnity Culture !

The famous red dunes of the Mahafiz - Fossil Rock area are a sight to behold, and easily adaptable to any level. 

The drive will start with a detailed briefing where we emphasize on safety aspects, explain the best practices, and make sure you enter the dunes well prepared. 

After deflating, we will drive 2-3 hours in sand dunes and then take a break for some refreshments over a feedback and assessment session for each offroader.

We kindly advise all Absolute Newbies to provide a small introduction on this thread with basic information about themselves, which type of 4x4, prior offroad experience if any, and confirmation that the tow points are in good condition.

MALIHA.jpg

When: 7 Feb 2020, Friday

Meeting time: 6:45 AM, Briefing will start 7:00 AM sharp

Where: Al Batayeh - Al Faya Road

MEETING POINT GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/uwFxCHGBWB37pPNi6

Level: All levels (Absolute Newbie and Newbie).

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 11:30 AM

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time:  12:00 PM - (much before Friday prayer)

Friday Prayer Mosque 1: Shabiyat Bin Suhail Mosque Maliha - https://goo.gl/maps/t5W3uphN423z2QFJA

Friday Prayer Mosque 2: Maliha Mosque  - https://goo.gl/maps/UVtab2zBJTkwAS497

MUST READ: 

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR:

• Like (+1) 9

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 minutes ago, Colin Jordan said:

Hi Guys, 

Colin here, im brand new to the group and will be joining on Friday. I have a stock Jeep Wrangler and everything is in working condition. looking forward to the trip

Welcome to Carnity  @Colin Jordan ! Looking forward meeting you on Friday !

• Like (+1) 5

Hello everyone 

We plan on joining this drive. This will be our 2nd newbie drive. We thoroughly enjoyed the first one with wifey’s Pajero. This time we will be testing my LR4 SCV6 in the dunes. Everything is in working condition, have radios and a flag. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Hello! 😊

Joining this drive on Friday! It will be my second drive in this group, so still in the newbie -level. I have a modified Wrangler JK, with everything in good working condition. It worked well on the first drive, but just in case got a shovel for the new adventures. 😀Also bought a radio, but have to set it up to the correct frequency that we are using.

Cheers!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

@Febin Frederic @Jun Zamora Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

Kindly share with us the following info:

* Which 4x4 are you driving ?

* Do you have any prior offroad experience ? If so please where and how long ?

* Are your vehicle's towpoints / recovery points in good condition ?

• Like (+1) 3

Hi guys,

I was meant to go to dragon mart to buy my radio, flag and air compressor. Due to the virus, my wife and mates insist I should avoid going to dragon mart( I know is sad but better safe than sorry).

Is it okay if I could borrow a radio this time please? 

Thank you,

Denver

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use