•  

Newbie Desert Drive - Maliha - Fossil Rock - 7 Feb 2020

Frederic

25 minutes ago, Denver Martins said:

Hi guys,

I was meant to go to dragon mart to buy my radio, flag and air compressor. Due to the virus, my wife and mates insist I should avoid going to dragon mart( I know is sad but better safe than sorry).

Is it okay if I could borrow a radio this time please? 

Thank you,

Denver

No worries. We will give you a spare radio. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Confused (0) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi Guys, a quick question will my RAM1500 which is stock standard be fine for the drive on friday? or should i rather bring my Jeep wrangler JK? (although i always wanted to try my truck in the desert)

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

29 minutes ago, Colin Jordan said:

Hi Guys, a quick question will my RAM1500 which is stock standard be fine for the drive on friday? or should i rather bring my Jeep wrangler JK? (although i always wanted to try my truck in the desert)

Hi Colin,

Yes the Ram1500 will be totally fine for a newbie drive. The Maliha area has relatively long dunes so that should be no issue. Looking forward to that roar !

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Hi Colin,

Yes the Ram1500 will be totally fine for a newbie drive. The Maliha area has relatively long dunes so that should be no issue. Looking forward to that roar !

Fantastic! just one more question i cant seem to find a tow hook on the front of the RAM will this be an issue?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Colin Jordan said:

Fantastic! just one more question i cant seem to find a tow hook on the front of the RAM will this be an issue?

It should have stock tow hooks or tow points at the front. Send us some pictures if you’re in doubt. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Frederic said:

It should have stock tow hooks or tow points at the front. Send us some pictures if you’re in doubt. 

1580929060419531248286204324527.thumb.jpg.49681925e3aa179ed38c72a34bf6cbe3.jpgSo there is a picture, my this model did not come out with stock front hooks. so im not too sure if there is a hidden tow point or not? 

15809292253148903577123117865973.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/2/2020 at 7:54 PM, Gawie Herholdt said:

Hello everyone 

We plan on joining this drive. This will be our 2nd newbie drive. We thoroughly enjoyed the first one with wifey’s Pajero. This time we will be testing my LR4 SCV6 in the dunes. Everything is in working condition, have radios and a flag. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ahhh ... but will wifey be driving? 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Colin Jordan said:

1580929060419531248286204324527.thumb.jpg.49681925e3aa179ed38c72a34bf6cbe3.jpgSo there is a picture, my this model did not come out with stock front hooks. so im not too sure if there is a hidden tow point or not? 

15809292253148903577123117865973.jpg

That doesn’t look good. I’ve been going through some forums and apparently the vehicle does not come with stock front tow hooks. Considering the weight of this truck i would not advise taking it to the desert. Recovery from both sides has to be possible at all times. 

installing Mopar tow hooks:

https://youtu.be/G_M3oSq0ybc

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use