•  

Newbie Desert Drive - Maliha - Fossil Rock - 7 Feb 2020

Frederic

17 hours ago, Frederic said:

TRIP REPORT

This foggy morning reminded me a bit of the winter season in my home country Belgium, so when I left the house I was a bit worried that the fog would remain for the whole morning. 

I was delighted to see most people made it on time, with @Tbone being the winner as he arrived shortly after me. Some came a bit later due to the fog, but these things happen and we need to keep safe in traffic.

This was my first ever briefing so I hope i kept it a bit interesting and I heartfully thank the others that stepped in to help to complete and detail on some points.

Also this was the first time we started using 3 different frequencies for the separate convoys. We will come back soon with more updates on that as it still needs improvement.

After having split up the convoys in two newbie convoys led by @Rahimdad and me, and one slightly more thrilling newbie+ convoy led by @Gaurav, we hit the dunes and started enjoying the beautiful area.

@balaji0007 was my second lead and I was really impressed in his calm and composed driving and clear communication. 

@Denizzalbayrak aka Koleos managed well, so as @Jun Zamora with his Murano. These AWD vehicles unfortunately possess lots of electronical gizmos so I can imagine it’s not always easy to unlock the full power. The next coming months with dryer sand coming up this might become even more challenging.

Francesco and his 3.8 Pajero, the Wranglers @Rinelle Sanaani @Colin Jordan @Febin Frederic , @Ahmedmustafa90 his Xterra, were all driving great with their capable cars and with @Javier M as our center key player and @Wrangeld and @Jeepie in the sweep, i was surely in good company.

The tow rope stayed in the car, only some small refusals kept us a bit busy and at the same time we got to learn something. Again thanks for Richard, Rahim and others who were at the top helping out @Jun Zamora and a special thanks to @Javier M to lead him around the mountain.

My apologies for not having the proper place and time to do a full debriefing and feedback session after the drive, we lost a bit of time climbing over Fossil Rock. We will make that up on the next drives.

I thank you all for joining us on this beautiful morning and hope to see you all back soon !

670C63D9-0053-40A7-B093-64B822F2F71E.jpeg

Special thanks to @Frederic, @Javier M, @Wrangeldand @Jeepie for their instructions and help in my refusal. Koleos is still in one piece and getting washed now :)

Coming down from the Fossil Rock was amazing! It is getting more exciting and more challenging  every week which is good. 

See you all next week!

Edited by Denizzalbayrak
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

To Richard, Rahim , Mahmoud and everyone .  Thanks for your help when i got jammed on the rock .

It happened for  a reason guys,  to demonstrate the used of  kenetic rope , the power of Wrangler  and the swift action of Javier to pull me out.

Has somebody took photo of that scene ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Jun Zamora said:

To Richard, Rahim , Mahmoud and everyone .  Thanks for your help when i got jammed on the rock .

It happened for  a reason guys,  to demonstrate the used of  kenetic rope , the power of Wrangler  and the swift action of Javier to pull me out.

Has somebody took photo of that scene ?

Every recovery is a learning moment @Jun Zamora If we don't get stuck we think that it's too easy and don't gain much from the experience. No doubt the next time when we are at the top of Fossil Rock the lessons we all got will be remembered. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

As always picture perfect report from @Wrangeld . I am always exited to read his report same as the drive. 👍

I was with @Rahimdad convoy and he managed to give us the taste of every bit of sand dunes and experience fossil rock area has to offer. Thank you very much for offering me the second lead of the convoy. Your instruction and guidance was key for our smooth drive. Special thanks to @Emmanuel for his guidance from behind the convoy and helping us to overcome couple of refusal through out the drive .

My key highlight of the drive was bashing play area dune for the first time. It was great experience and I loved it so much. Thank you again @Rahimdad. Looking forward to tackle the dune and practice more in future. 

See you all soon. 

cheers

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

10 hours ago, Jun Zamora said:

It happened for  a reason guys,  to demonstrate the used of  kenetic rope, the power of Wrangler and the swift action of Javier to pull me out.

Great it was sorted safely.

Can you please measure by yourself (not online info) what is the exact ground clearance of your Murano?

Image result for ground clearance

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi,

Thanks for organizing very good trip. It was my first trip and I enjoyed and learned some of off-road techniques (its just a start).

I would appreciate the way you guys was coaching and correcting out the basics.

Also, I would like to special thanks to @Rahimdad  for his kind advise, I will not venture out off-road driving with expensive car. (will buy suitable car for off-road and come back to club - (may be after few months - I have some travel plans) 

Thanks.

Regards,

Abdul Basith

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use