•  

Newbie Desert Drive - Maliha - Fossil Rock - 7 Feb 2020

Frederic

4 hours ago, Lucky sAm said:

Hello Everyone,

Since I have joined carnity, I loved each and every trip along with you'll, My son & I always wait for fridays to join you guys.

@Wrangeldyou are right - I can find symptoms that I am at risk of addiction ... actually I am addicted already :)

This friday I enjoyed the most by driving at fossil rocks trip also faced new challenges, learned more about new skills & all thanks to @Gaurav🤘 and there was one more reason why I enjoyed more because I cut my car's half bumper from down and it was a fearless drive (not to get hit again at the edge of sharp dune while coming down ) and thanks to @Srikumar for great advice, It worked out really well 👍

I have attached the pictures of the new look of my car (adviced by Gaurav Bhai ) and I didn't spent a single Dirham to get this done, apparently I myself just cut it down 😝 .... Gaurav Bhai🤘

(last picture was before I did changed )

Also thank you so much for upgrading my profile 🙏🙏

Thank you team and see you guys on weekend.

20200207_114555.jpg

20200207_114550.jpg

20200207_114630.jpg

20200117_084214.jpg

Love the look of the Patrol like this @Lucky sAm and such a shame we could not all celebrate your Fewbieness on Friday. 

See you soon in the sand ...

• Like (+1) 3

Wow. Amazing to see so many people sharing their experience, this is part of what a community is about. Nothing better than to read the refreshing trip report from @Frederic and @Wrangeld. I feel shy to post anything after I have read such great trip reports and reviews.

From my point of view, just to arrive 3 minutes after the meeting time and see so many enthusiasts already waiting to have a crack at the sands was energiser. To see @Frederic hard at work working out the different convoys, radio frequencies and later delivering his first Newbie brief was a proud moment. Its been such a great experience to have someone like him on the team and show the kind of commitment required to control such a big turn out.

My team had an initial hiccup as we tried to set our radio frequencies right, once we managed that we marched on to the dunes. As is my style and most must have noticed we took it easy initially over some long range dunes to get everyone accustomed to their rides and how it reacts on the sands. As everybody got more and more confident and bored with simple ups and downs we increased the convoy pace to further get a feel for our rides. As we snaked our way through the awesome dunes in the Mahafiz area we tried out some more challenging dunes, to my surprise all managed it very well. Thanks there goes to @Rizwanm2 for an excellent second lead and twice averting danger by taking the convoy through a slightly better route. @Emmanuel for keeping the convoy moving with a watchful eye and his helpful nature. @sertac for watching the convoy from behind and making sure that @Emmanuel had all the backup required.

This lead us to our play area where @Gaurav bhai's team was already having some fun. We stopped to have our own little fun too. Although the absolute newbies did not have a go, but all those who did enjoyed doing the sideys and it turned out to be the most enjoyable part of the trip. As we finished playing around and tried to move on to Fossil Rocks @Joe Biju Joseph had a starting issue, thanks to @Gaurav bhai team who came back and after trying everything the magic touch of our friend got the car to come alive again. We started moving quickly towards Fossil Rocks and once again I was surprised to see everyone manage so well and reach the top without any issues. Reaching to the base of Fossil Rock was a bit challenging though as we had a couple of refusals.

As we reached the top of Fossil Rocks @Gaurav bhai's team had already gone through and we were in line for @Frederic convoy to descend. Just than we had an issue with @Jun Zamora Murano which was sitting on a rock. Luckily no damage and we managed to put in a rock in the gap and filled it in quickly with some sand before @Javier M recovered him with the rope. A quick decision was made and @Javier M lead @Jun Zamora through the alternate route. With @Frederic convoy down it was time for us. Everyone made it down safely and had some fun coming down the steep grade. All proper 4x4s were engaged in 4 Lo and 1st gear, this would have given everyone a feel of the low gear, why it is used and the importance of engine braking.

At this point we quickly headed to the Adnoc station, to meet up with others, inflate and head back home. There were still a few who took on an intermediate drive for a couple of hours and had disappeared back behind the dunes. All in all another exciting day in the life of an off-road enthusiasts, meeting new people, learning new things and sharing some moments of controlled madness. Until next time do take care of yourselves and prepare for another week in the sands of UAE.

I have uploaded my images to the Gallery.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

6 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Wow. Amazing to see so many people sharing their experience, this is part of what a community is about. Nothing better than to read the refreshing trip report from @Frederic and @Wrangeld. I feel shy to post anything after I have read such great trip reports and reviews.

From my point of view, just to arrive 3 minutes after the meeting time and see so many enthusiasts already waiting to have a crack at the sands was energiser. To see @Frederic hard at work working out the different convoys, radio frequencies and later delivering his first Newbie brief was a proud moment. Its been such a great experience to have someone like him on the team and show the kind of commitment required to control such a big turn out.

My team had an initial hiccup as we tried to set our radio frequencies right, once we managed that we marched on to the dunes. As is my style and most must have noticed we took it easy initially over some long range dunes to get everyone accustomed to their rides and how it reacts on the sands. As everybody got more and more confident and bored with simple ups and downs we increased the convoy pace to further get a feel for our rides. As we snaked our way through the awesome dunes in the Mahafiz area we tried out some more challenging dunes, to my surprise all managed it very well. Thanks there goes to @Rizwanm2 for an excellent second lead and twice averting danger by taking the convoy through a slightly better route. @Emmanuel for keeping the convoy moving with a watchful eye and his helpful nature. @sertac for watching the convoy from behind and making sure that @Emmanuel had all the backup required.

This lead us to our play area where @Gaurav bhai's team was already having some fun. We stopped to have our own little fun too. Although the absolute newbies did not have a go, but all those who did enjoyed doing the sideys and it turned out to be the most enjoyable part of the trip. As we finished playing around and tried to move on to Fossil Rocks @Joe Biju Joseph had a starting issue, thanks to @Gaurav bhai team who came back and after trying everything the magic touch of our friend got the car to come alive again. We started moving quickly towards Fossil Rocks and once again I was surprised to see everyone manage so well and reach the top without any issues. Reaching to the base of Fossil Rock was a bit challenging though as we had a couple of refusals.

As we reached the top of Fossil Rocks @Gaurav bhai's team had already gone through and we were in line for @Frederic convoy to descend. Just than we had an issue with @Jun Zamora Murano which was sitting on a rock. Luckily no damage and we managed to put in a rock in the gap and filled it in quickly with some sand before @Javier M recovered him with the rope. A quick decision was made and @Javier M lead @Jun Zamora through the alternate route. With @Frederic convoy down it was time for us. Everyone made it down safely and had some fun coming down the steep grade. All proper 4x4s were engaged in 4 Lo and 1st gear, this would have given everyone a feel of the low gear, why it is used and the importance of engine braking.

At this point we quickly headed to the Adnoc station, to meet up with others, inflate and head back home. There were still a few who took on an intermediate drive for a couple of hours and had disappeared back behind the dunes. All in all another exciting day in the life of an off-road enthusiasts, meeting new people, learning new things and sharing some moments of controlled madness. Until next time do take care of yourselves and prepare for another week in the sands of UAE.

I have uploaded my images to the Gallery.

Thanks 🙏 @Rahimdad for the faith and guidance. Wonderful report that took us right through the adventurous dunes again. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Rahimdad Rahimbhai

Once more beautifully written and giving reminiscences of a drive I did not enjoy with you ...  until now! 

Reading all the weekend's reports has been a massive pleasure as you add colour from your perspective as lead to the enthusiasm of the people in your convoy. 

See you soon in the sand

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 6

Guys i want to be honest. Until now i haven't got over yet from the experience that Friday morning. Its like i found the missing piece in my whole 20 years life  in UAE.  Now i spent more time browsing  Dubizzle and other sites  for the 4X4  that i can afford. Hoping i can find the  right one.  I felt  my Murano cannot handle my excitement in joining more adventures in the future.

I am now a confessed addict :) and i need help. :(

Indeed thankful to all of you and meeting new friends is such great experience.

God bless and more power everyone. !

IMG_20200207_110503.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 3

29 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

To see @Frederic hard at work working out the different convoys, radio frequencies and later delivering his first Newbie brief was a proud moment. Its been such a great experience to have someone like him on the team and show the kind of commitment required to control such a big turn out.

It is indeed the most precious and proudest moment for all Seniors, Marshal and Crew when we see new Marshal speaking the same language and frequency of the community that we all share.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of use