•  

Intermediate Afternoon Drive - Maliha - 7 Feb 2020

Srikumar

Lets do a fast paced drive starting from Fossil Rock to Faya and then further depending on the convoy response. Expect plenty of ridge riding, side slopping, and pushing your car towards the rev limit. 

This drive is for Intermediate and above only

When: 07 February 2020, Friday
Meeting time: 01:00 PM, the convoy will move sharply at 01:15 PM
Where: 
 ADNOC Service station at Maleiha

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/7PnUAmkB5SHZsYay8

Level of drive: Intermediate and above
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
Plan: Drive and enjoy until about 11:30 AM, with some small breaks in between to have breakfast and snacks.
What to bring along: Some snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Please RSVP the below calendar event

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

2 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Lets do a fast paced drive starting from Fossil Rock to Faya and then further depending on the convoy response. Expect plenty of ridge riding, side slopping, and pushing your car towards the rev limit. 

This drive is for Intermediate and above only

When: 07 February 2020, Friday
Meeting time: 01:00 PM, the convoy will move sharply at 01:15 PM
Where: 
 ADNOC Service station at Maleiha

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/7PnUAmkB5SHZsYay8

Level of drive: Intermediate and above
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
Plan: Drive and enjoy until about 11:30 AM, with some small breaks in between to have breakfast and snacks.
What to bring along: Some snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Please RSVP the below calendar event

Srikumar i don't know my level please advise if i can join 

• Confused (0) 1

4 minutes ago, Michael sammy said:

Srikumar i don't know my level please advise if i can join 

image.png

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Short trip report from me, I don’t have the writing skills like Wrangled or the other gents on here, but I’ll try to give my point of view of the drive.

Was lucky with my standby roster, they gave me a late standby starting from 23:00 on that day, that gave me the oportunity to prepare some things in the morning, join the drive, getting tired and when I would come home that evening, crash the bed.

The start of the drive was a little bit delayed due to 3 seperated convoys and we had to wait that everybody came back from the morning drive.

I think we departed at 13:45, Sri leading, Javier 2nd lead, 3rd myself, 4th Manuel and Gaurav in the sweep.

As soon as we started, I felt the boys were already warmed up from the morning drive and the pace was fast. I just cruised 1 hour ago with cruise control and now I had to change to fighter mode. 

It didn’t take long before we had to stop because I was too agressive with my Land Cruiser, skidding my right front tire in a turn that resulted in a pop out and litterly ripped my whole tire of my wheel.

Thanks to the team we managed to jack, clean and inflate the tire again.

To avoid a pop out again, I adjusted my driving technique and kept the tire pressure on 16psi. Fortunately I kept the tire on my wheel for the rest of the drive.

We continued to Big Fire? (Correct me if I am wrong). Trying to keep up with Javier, but with my experience and heavy car I had to alternate/ cheat sometimes the route he was taking. Espacially on some sideslopes I had difficulties to keep the car going straight forward, what also ended in a nasty refusal next to a small tree. The rear difflock is a big help, and I was able to get out in reverse by myself.

Arrived at Big Fire and we all made an attemp to get on the top. Javier made the top after first attemp? At the top we changed the lead and Javier took over the lead with Sri now in second.

Now with Javier in lead, the pace was a bit faster and I had to stretch my leg that ended up to hear my cooling fan of the radiator for the first time. First seconds I was confused of the different sound coming from my engine, I thought something was wrong, but then I understood it had to be the fan.

I was not the only one with an engine that was heating up due to Javier’s lead. 

After a 3ish hours drive, we came to flat earth again, inflated, asked some info regarding tires and received some feedback regarding my driving skill to improve for next drives.

@Srikumar @Gaurav @Emmanuel @Javier M Thnx for the drive, and have a nice weekend! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

22 minutes ago, Xaf said:

Short trip report from me, I don’t have the writing skills like Wrangled or the other gents on here, but I’ll try to give my point of view of the drive.

Was lucky with my standby roster, they gave me a late standby starting from 23:00 on that day, that gave me the oportunity to prepare some things in the morning, join the drive, getting tired and when I would come home that evening, crash the bed.

The start of the drive was a little bit delayed due to 3 seperated convoys and we had to wait that everybody came back from the morning drive.

I think we departed at 13:45, Sri leading, Javier 2nd lead, 3rd myself, 4th Manuel and Gaurav in the sweep.

As soon as we started, I felt the boys were already warmed up from the morning drive and the pace was fast. I just cruised 1 hour ago with cruise control and now I had to change to fighter mode. 

It didn’t take long before we had to stop because I was too agressive with my Land Cruiser, skidding my right front tire in a turn that resulted in a pop out and litterly ripped my whole tire of my wheel.

Thanks to the team we managed to jack, clean and inflate the tire again.

To avoid a pop out again, I adjusted my driving technique and kept the tire pressure on 16psi. Fortunately I kept the tire on my wheel for the rest of the drive.

We continued to Big Fire? (Correct me if I am wrong). Trying to keep up with Javier, but with my experience and heavy car I had to alternate/ cheat sometimes the route he was taking. Espacially on some sideslopes I had difficulties to keep the car going straight forward, what also ended in a nasty refusal next to a small tree. The rear difflock is a big help, and I was able to get out in reverse by myself.

Arrived at Big Fire and we all made an attemp to get on the top. Javier made the top after first attemp? At the top we changed the lead and Javier took over the lead with Sri now in second.

Now with Javier in lead, the pace was a bit faster and I had to stretch my leg that ended up to hear my cooling fan of the radiator for the first time. First seconds I was confused of the different sound coming from my engine, I thought something was wrong, but then I understood it had to be the fan.

I was not the only one with an engine that was heating up due to Javier’s lead. 

After a 3ish hours drive, we came to flat earth again, inflated, asked some info regarding tires and received some feedback regarding my driving skill to improve for next drives.

@Srikumar @Gaurav @Emmanuel @Javier M Thnx for the drive, and have a nice weekend! 

Consider yourself lucky in the presence of these drivers ;) 

I am sure they were able to give you a taste of high-octane thrills and adrenaline and I’m sure you’ll be coming back for more of that stuff 😋

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Not sure I agree with you @Xaf about your writing skills, you brought an energy and sense of movement to every word. Sounds like some real seat of the pants excitement before the Liwa drive ... where your cooling fan will likely get some real exercise!

See you soon in the sand

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wrangeld said:

Not sure I agree with you @Xaf about your writing skills, you brought an energy and sense of movement to every word. Sounds like some real seat of the pants excitement before the Liwa drive ... where your cooling fan will likely get some real exercise!

See you soon in the sand

Thank you and good morning!

Bailing out of Liwa, even if the schedule from work would suites me, due to change of set-up of the car and want to test it before going hardcore.
Might see you on the 14th.

Important Information

Terms of use