Jump to content

Best 4x4 cars | Dune bashing | Off road driving | Off road drives | Off road gears and recovery tools | Radio frequencies |

Srikumar

Intermediate Afternoon Drive - Maliha - 7 Feb 2020

Recommended Posts

Lets do a fast paced drive starting from Fossil Rock to Faya and then further depending on the convoy response. Expect plenty of ridge riding, side slopping, and pushing your car towards the rev limit. 

This drive is for Intermediate and above only

When: 07 February 2020, Friday
Meeting time: 01:00 PM, the convoy will move sharply at 01:15 PM
Where: 
 ADNOC Service station at Maleiha

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/7PnUAmkB5SHZsYay8

Level of drive: Intermediate and above
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
Plan: Drive and enjoy until about 11:30 AM, with some small breaks in between to have breakfast and snacks.
What to bring along: Some snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Please RSVP the below calendar event

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Well Done 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Lets do a fast paced drive starting from Fossil Rock to Faya and then further depending on the convoy response. Expect plenty of ridge riding, side slopping, and pushing your car towards the rev limit. 

This drive is for Intermediate and above only

When: 07 February 2020, Friday
Meeting time: 01:00 PM, the convoy will move sharply at 01:15 PM
Where: 
 ADNOC Service station at Maleiha

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/7PnUAmkB5SHZsYay8

Level of drive: Intermediate and above
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
Plan: Drive and enjoy until about 11:30 AM, with some small breaks in between to have breakfast and snacks.
What to bring along: Some snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Please RSVP the below calendar event

 

 

Srikumar i don't know my level please advise if i can join 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Michael sammy said:

Srikumar i don't know my level please advise if i can join 

image.png

  • Like 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will miss it. 
out of country.. 😔

safe drive and enjoy guys. 👍🏻

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It all depends on the rostering gods, standby whole month!

Will rsvp last minute.

  • Like 2
  • Well Done 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you manage to bribe the rostering god.....! Well done.

  • Like 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short trip report from me, I don’t have the writing skills like Wrangled or the other gents on here, but I’ll try to give my point of view of the drive.

Was lucky with my standby roster, they gave me a late standby starting from 23:00 on that day, that gave me the oportunity to prepare some things in the morning, join the drive, getting tired and when I would come home that evening, crash the bed.

The start of the drive was a little bit delayed due to 3 seperated convoys and we had to wait that everybody came back from the morning drive.

I think we departed at 13:45, Sri leading, Javier 2nd lead, 3rd myself, 4th Manuel and Gaurav in the sweep.

As soon as we started, I felt the boys were already warmed up from the morning drive and the pace was fast. I just cruised 1 hour ago with cruise control and now I had to change to fighter mode. 

It didn’t take long before we had to stop because I was too agressive with my Land Cruiser, skidding my right front tire in a turn that resulted in a pop out and litterly ripped my whole tire of my wheel.

Thanks to the team we managed to jack, clean and inflate the tire again.

To avoid a pop out again, I adjusted my driving technique and kept the tire pressure on 16psi. Fortunately I kept the tire on my wheel for the rest of the drive.

We continued to Big Fire? (Correct me if I am wrong). Trying to keep up with Javier, but with my experience and heavy car I had to alternate/ cheat sometimes the route he was taking. Espacially on some sideslopes I had difficulties to keep the car going straight forward, what also ended in a nasty refusal next to a small tree. The rear difflock is a big help, and I was able to get out in reverse by myself.

Arrived at Big Fire and we all made an attemp to get on the top. Javier made the top after first attemp? At the top we changed the lead and Javier took over the lead with Sri now in second.

Now with Javier in lead, the pace was a bit faster and I had to stretch my leg that ended up to hear my cooling fan of the radiator for the first time. First seconds I was confused of the different sound coming from my engine, I thought something was wrong, but then I understood it had to be the fan.

I was not the only one with an engine that was heating up due to Javier’s lead. 

After a 3ish hours drive, we came to flat earth again, inflated, asked some info regarding tires and received some feedback regarding my driving skill to improve for next drives.

@Srikumar @Gaurav @Emmanuel @Javier M Thnx for the drive, and have a nice weekend! 

 

  • Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Well Done 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Xaf said:

Short trip report from me, I don’t have the writing skills like Wrangled or the other gents on here, but I’ll try to give my point of view of the drive.

Was lucky with my standby roster, they gave me a late standby starting from 23:00 on that day, that gave me the oportunity to prepare some things in the morning, join the drive, getting tired and when I would come home that evening, crash the bed.

The start of the drive was a little bit delayed due to 3 seperated convoys and we had to wait that everybody came back from the morning drive.

I think we departed at 13:45, Sri leading, Javier 2nd lead, 3rd myself, 4th Manuel and Gaurav in the sweep.

As soon as we started, I felt the boys were already warmed up from the morning drive and the pace was fast. I just cruised 1 hour ago with cruise control and now I had to change to fighter mode. 

It didn’t take long before we had to stop because I was too agressive with my Land Cruiser, skidding my right front tire in a turn that resulted in a pop out and litterly ripped my whole tire of my wheel.

Thanks to the team we managed to jack, clean and inflate the tire again.

To avoid a pop out again, I adjusted my driving technique and kept the tire pressure on 16psi. Fortunately I kept the tire on my wheel for the rest of the drive.

We continued to Big Fire? (Correct me if I am wrong). Trying to keep up with Javier, but with my experience and heavy car I had to alternate/ cheat sometimes the route he was taking. Espacially on some sideslopes I had difficulties to keep the car going straight forward, what also ended in a nasty refusal next to a small tree. The rear difflock is a big help, and I was able to get out in reverse by myself.

Arrived at Big Fire and we all made an attemp to get on the top. Javier made the top after first attemp? At the top we changed the lead and Javier took over the lead with Sri now in second.

Now with Javier in lead, the pace was a bit faster and I had to stretch my leg that ended up to hear my cooling fan of the radiator for the first time. First seconds I was confused of the different sound coming from my engine, I thought something was wrong, but then I understood it had to be the fan.

I was not the only one with an engine that was heating up due to Javier’s lead. 

After a 3ish hours drive, we came to flat earth again, inflated, asked some info regarding tires and received some feedback regarding my driving skill to improve for next drives.

@Srikumar @Gaurav @Emmanuel @Javier M Thnx for the drive, and have a nice weekend! 

 

Consider yourself lucky in the presence of these drivers ;) 

I am sure they were able to give you a taste of high-octane thrills and adrenaline and I’m sure you’ll be coming back for more of that stuff 😋

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Totally Agree 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I agree with you @Xaf about your writing skills, you brought an energy and sense of movement to every word. Sounds like some real seat of the pants excitement before the Liwa drive ... where your cooling fan will likely get some real exercise!

See you soon in the sand

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wrangeld said:

Not sure I agree with you @Xaf about your writing skills, you brought an energy and sense of movement to every word. Sounds like some real seat of the pants excitement before the Liwa drive ... where your cooling fan will likely get some real exercise!

See you soon in the sand

Thank you and good morning!

Bailing out of Liwa, even if the schedule from work would suites me, due to change of set-up of the car and want to test it before going hardcore.
Might see you on the 14th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For replying to this topic, please

Subscribe and then join Offroad Club.



  • Similar Content

    • By Srikumar
      Al Qudra Desert is a very good and versatile learning ground for absolute newbies for their first time desert driving thrilling experience.
      If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control.
      Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks.
      You can bring your family, friends and kids, but if you are absolute new to sand offroading it is better to drive alone first to the learn offroading without any distractions.
      Drive will start with detail briefing, followed by 2-3 hours of driving in sand dunes and then followed by a break for refreshments over a feedback and assessment session for each offroader.
      What you'll learn:
      Introduction to off-roading Desert driving basics and etiquette Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice First time with Carnity Off-road Club:
      Please share your vehicle details below Prior off-road experience (Yes/No) Confirm front and rear tow hooks
      Level: Absolute Newbie, Newbies and above (All level)
      When: 21 Feb 2020
      Meeting time: 6:45 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)
      Meeting Point : Al Qudra  https://goo.gl/maps/FbLs4vy99taAEzbTA
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
      What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time:  12:00 PM - (much before Friday prayer)
      Friday Prayer Mosque: The Endurance Masjid - https://goo.gl/maps/SXmkx2jntnK85DzB7
      MUST READ: 
      First off-road drive checklist Off Road Driving - Roles & Responsibilities Off road Driving Etiquette's Off-road Convoy Rules Off roading - Everything you need to know Please RSVP on the below calendar.
       
    • By Srikumar
      Level : Absolute Newbie, Newbies and above (All level)
      When: 21 Feb 2020
      Meeting time: 6:45 AM, convoy will move at sharp 7:00 AM
      Meeting Point : Al Qudra  https://goo.gl/maps/FbLs4vy99taAEzbTA
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
      Approximate finish time:  12:00 PM - (much before Friday prayer)
      Friday Prayer Mosque: The Endurance Masjid - https://goo.gl/maps/SXmkx2jntnK85DzB7
       
    • By Frederic
      The Offroading season is in full swing, and the Carnity Team wants to deliver you an exciting morning of desert fun!
      This drive is suited to all first time desert drivers. Our group of trained seniors will guide you in making this a day you won't forget. Also people who have prior offroad experience will definitely continue to learn and embrace our Carnity Culture !
      The famous red dunes of the Mahafiz - Fossil Rock area are a sight to behold, and easily adaptable to any level. 
      The drive will start with a detailed briefing where we emphasize on safety aspects, explain the best practices, and make sure you enter the dunes well prepared. 
      After deflating, we will drive 2-3 hours in sand dunes and then take a break for some refreshments over a feedback and assessment session for each offroader.
      We kindly advise all Absolute Newbies to provide a small introduction on this thread with basic information about themselves, which type of 4x4, prior offroad experience if any, and confirmation that the tow points are in good condition.

       
      When: 7 Feb 2020, Friday
      Meeting time: 6:45 AM, Briefing will start 7:00 AM sharp
      Where: Al Batayeh - Al Faya Road
      MEETING POINT GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/uwFxCHGBWB37pPNi6
      Level: All levels (Absolute Newbie and Newbie).
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 11:30 AM
      What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time:  12:00 PM - (much before Friday prayer)
      Friday Prayer Mosque 1: Shabiyat Bin Suhail Mosque Maliha - https://goo.gl/maps/t5W3uphN423z2QFJA
      Friday Prayer Mosque 2: Maliha Mosque  - https://goo.gl/maps/UVtab2zBJTkwAS497
      MUST READ: 
      First off-road drive checklist Off Road Driving - Roles & Responsibilities Off road Driving Etiquette's Off-road Convoy Rules Off roading - Everything you need to know  
      For any emergency or last minute coordination anyone can reach us on these numbers:
      Gaurav - 050 5258706 Rahimdad - 050 6749099 Srikumar - 055 9567471 Frederic - 056 5042632 For all other non-emergency questions can be answered here on forum, as we all check and reply immediately.
       
      PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR:
       
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use